Many iOS users have been looking for an alternative way to install their favorite modified apps and games, especially now that jailbreaks are in short supply. Many Cydia alternatives have already been released, and now non-jailbreakers are starting to use them as an alternative to the official store. The latest one to be released is called TopStore, and it’s entirely free to use.
What is TopStore?
One of the latest iOS app installers, TopStore, offers tons of unofficial content. Users can choose from over 2000 apps, games, emulators, and more, and that number continues to rise as the app becomes more popular. Most of the apps have been tweaked with extra features, and all in-app features are unlocked and free to use.
TopStore App Features:
With so many apps and games, the developers categorized their content to find what you want quickly.
- App Store Apps – lots of official iOS content for free
- Exclusive Apps – lots of unofficial content, including emulators, tweaks, and more
- Tweaked Apps – stock asp tweaked with new features
- Modified Games – stock games unlocked and all parts included for free
TopStore works on all iOS devices running iOS 8 or above and doesn’t require you to jailbreak to use it. And regular updates keep the app store safe to use and bring new content and improvements.
How to Download TopStore App:
Because TopStore is unofficial, you need to install the configuration profile straight to your device. It is simple to do; just follow this easy guide:
- Open the TopStore download page on your device
- Tap a configuration profile link and tap Allow on the popup message
- Look for the icon on your home screen – when it’s there, the installation is complete.
You can’t use the app store just yet.
How to Fix Untrusted Developer Error
When you tap the icon for the first time, an untrusted developer error will stop you from using it. Because TopStore isn’t official, Apple can’t verify the developer, but you can.
- Note the developer name from the error message
- Open Settings > General > Profiles
- Find and tap the developer name in the list
- Tap Trust and close Settings
You should not get the error now. You will also need to do this for many of the apps and games you download from the store.
How to Use TopStore:
If you find it easy to use the official app store, using TopStore will be a breeze:
- Open TopStore and pick a category
- Look through the apps on offer or, if you have something specific in mind, use the search bar
- Tap the app or game, and the app page opens
- Tap Install and follow the on-screen installation directions
- When the app icon is on your home screen, you can use the app.
Don’t forget, and you may need to fix the untrusted developer error for any app or game you download.
Common TopStore Errors:
While TopStore is reliable, some common errors are being reported. Luckily, all of them are simple to fix:
This is more irritating than serious:
- Open Settings > Safari
- Tap Clear Website Data
- Close Settings – you should find the screen is clear
Fix TopStore Crashes:
Again, this isn’t serious, but you do need to do something about it or continue to happen. TopStore is an unofficial app and used expired enterprise certificates. Apple Revokes these regularly, although the developers do try to get them replaced before Apple gets there. If this happens to you, just wait a few hours. If the developers have managed to replace the certificates, the app will start working again. If not, delete the app and start over. Once you have installed TopStore again, install one of two anti-revoke apps – this will stop the app from crashing in the future.
How to Delete TopStore:
If you no longer want TopStore or an error requires you to delete it and start again, you will find it simple to do. Choose one of these two methods:
Method 1: App Icon
- Tap and long-hold on the TopStore icon on your home screen
- When it wiggles, tap the x in the top corner
- Tap Delete on the popup confirmation message
Method 2: App Profile
- Open Settings > General
- Go into Profiles and find the TopStore profile in the list
- Tap it and tap on Delete Profile
Both methods take TopStore off your device and leave you free to reinstall it if you want.
TopStore is one of the newest alternatives to Cydia and the official app store. With no jailbreak needed, it is legal and safe to use and is free too. Download TopStore onto your iPhone or iPad today and see just how different it is from the official app store.