AppCake is one of the better-known tweaks for helping us install third-party content onto our iOS devices. Once, it was a Cydia tweaks, available only to those who installed a jailbreak on their devices but now there aren’t too many jailbreaks about, at least not those that can be used easily by all who want to.
Instead, the developers tweaked AppCake, making it available to any iOS user regardless of whether they have a jailbreak or not. Even better, it’s completely free to use.
How to Install AppCake
It shouldn’t come as any surprise to you that AppCake isn’t available from the official app store. However, it is pretty simple to install; you just need to follow the guide below. A word of warning – AppCake is built on enterprise certificates, and Apple will, at some point, probably revoke them – this causes AppCake to crash, leaving you to reinstall and start again.
- Open the Safari app on your iOS device and go to the official AppCake download page
- Tap a config file on the page and then tap Install to confirm
- When AppCake is on your home s, screen you know it is installed – you can’t use it just yet, though
- First, open your Settings app and tap on General
- Then tap on Profiles & Device Management
- Find AppCake in the profiles list and tap it
- Tap the Trust button, exit Settings, and AppCake can now be used.
How to Use AppCake:
There are two ways to do this:
Method 1: Installing Pre-installed Apps
- Open AppCake from your home screen
- Search the app or game that you need in the extensive library and tap on it
- Tap on Install, follow any directions that appear on the screen, en and the app will be installed
Method 2: Installing External IPA Files
- Using the Safari browser, search and download the IPA files you want – safe, reputable sites only
- Download your IPA and send the file to AppCake
- Launch AppCake and tap Downloads
- Tap the file and let it install
What is AppCake App:
AppCake is a third-party platform developed by iPhoneCake. iPASTORE released it in 2008 as a Cydia tweak to help jailbreakers install unsigned IPA files onto their devices, and now we can all use it for the same purpose but without having to jailbreak. These apps are unsigned because Apple will not let them into the official app store.
This isn’t because they are illegal but because they have been modified or tweaked to the extent that they don’t get through the stringent restrictions on the official store.
Lots of people use Cydia Impactor to get these files on their devices, but AppCake offers more features and more choices. Cydia Impactor limits you to no more than three active apps on your device at any time (one of those is Cydia Impactor), and it also requires you to download the IPA files from the internet. AppCake lets you do this, but it also offers thousands of pre-installed IPA files to choose from.
AppCake AppStore Features:
AppCake offers users tons of cool features:
- Free to download and install, and all content is free
- Supports iOS 9 through iOS 14
- Thousands of pre-installed apps, all in categories
- You can even install jailbreaks, such as Electra and Unc0ver, through AppCake
- Sideload IPA files you download from the internet
- Built-in search facility to help you find your apps faster
The developers didn’t stop there. They also provided these useful features:
- Download Manager – to help you monitor all your downloads, check for download issues and manage your downloaded files
- Built-in Web Server – gives you an easy way to access your files from any browser so you can download and upload files between your iOS device and your desktop computer
- Customizable Settings – change some of the settings, including allowing downloaded files to automatically install and fixing app crashes on iOS 12/13.
Is AppCake Safe?
Yes, it is. The developers gained an excellent reputation with their app when it was a Cydia tweak and, now they have made it available to all; they want to keep their reputation. They regularly monitor AppCake, and any issues they find or that are reported to them are immediately fixed with an update.
You should install every update released to keep the app safe, and you should also use anti-virus software on your device as a backup. Because you are not jailbreaking, you don’t hack the iOS and break Apple’s security, and you don’t need your Apple ID either. We also tested AppCake and can confirm there are no viruses, malware, or anything else that can compromise your security and safety.
AppCake has long been a famous app and remains so today. You can download and use it for free, and you don’t have to jailbreak. You could find that AppCake becomes your new iOS app store.