Largest independent solar and battery scheme kicks off to offer huge savings
The largest independent solar and battery scheme in Australia has just been launched to give more than 220,000 customers significant savings on a home solar system.
The Smart Home Battery Scheme is being led by Natural Solar, Australia’s largest solar and battery installer, along with property developer Mulpha and Australian peer-to-peer lender RateSetter.
Homeowners who live in Norwest and some parts of the Hills District in Sydney’s north west will be able to save up to $4,000 on the purchase and installation of home solar systems and battery storage solutions.
This will bring the price of a 5kW solar and 10kWh battery system down from $21,492 to $16,990.
This also includes a $1000 discount for residents who sign up to SonnenFlat to be eligible for exclusive flat-rate monthly energy plans.
Residents will also have the opportunity to retrofit a storage battery to an existing solar solution.
And on top of the initial savings, eligible residents will be able to take advantage of the 3.99 per cent interest offer for a period of up to 60 months through RateSetter.
“The introduction of the Smart Home Battery Scheme is truly a game changer for residents living and working within Sydney’s Norwest and Hills District,” says Chris Williams, CEO & Founder of Natural Solar.
“Natural Solar has joined forces with some of the largest and most respected companies in their fields to encourage interest and uptake in renewable energy equating to huge savings for Australian families.”
After the initial savings on the solar and battery system through the scheme, residents will be able to save up to $2.200 in energy costs annually as well as reduce carbon emissions by 6750kg CO2 per system per year.
“Mulpha is fully committed to the growth of Norwest, already one of the premium mixed use and business districts in the Southern Hemisphere and the epicentre of the Hills District,” says Tim Spencer, Executive General Manager of Mulpha Developments.
“ We have seen a huge demand for solar and battery power through our Essentia town home development and are excited to be able to offer this to a large number of Australian homes within the area.”
Natural Solar’s Chris Williams says the Norwest and Hills District catchment area has a higher than average volume of homes that have solar panels installed and there is a strong interest from these residents in renewable energy.
“We anticipate a high level of uptake of the Smart Home Battery Scheme and firmly believe this will cement the position of Norwest and the Hills District as one of Australia’s technology hubs powered by solar and battery,” he said.
HOW THE HILLS DISTRICT BATTERY SCHEME WORKS:
- Australians can visit www.naturalsolar.com.au/shbs to confirm their eligibility for the scheme
- Customers will need to enter their details and submit an enquiry
- Natural Solar will determine eligibility and confirm product requirements
- A full 10% deposit will be required at the time of booking confirmation
- This will reduce prices from $21,490 to just $16,990 for 5kWp solar and 10kWh battery inclusive of a $1,000 discount for residents who sign up to SonnenFlat.
- SonnenFlat customers who purchase through the scheme will also be eligible to access exclusive monthly energy plans.
- $1,000 SonnenFlat cashback is only eligible to customers who are eligible and sign up for sonnenFlat within the required timeframe. A voucher will be provided from sonnen which will need to be provided to Natural Solar.
- On top of the purchaser savings residents who are eligible will also be able to take advantage of RateSetters interest offer of 3.99% for a period of up to 60 months.
- Residents will also be able to retrofit their battery to an existing solar solution.