Optus offers travellers even more value with new mobile roaming pack
Optus is making it easier for customers to travel overseas with their smartphone with a new prepaid roaming add-on that adds more value and more included destinations.
The $20 Prepaid Data Roaming Add-on will now include five more destinations to the existing offer including mainland China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia and Thailand.
The add-on also increase the expiry period from five days to 14 days which gives customers more time to use the 10GB of included data.
“We are thrilled to be stepping up our international roaming game for jetsetters just in time for the holiday season,” says Optus Head of Strategic Projects, Vidur Rattan.
“By launching these new Add-Ons, we are continuing to deliver our prepaid customers great value. With the addition of five more destinations to selected prepaid plans we want customers travelling overseas to use their phone worry free.”
“We understand the importance for our customers to be able to share their travel experiences with friends and family back home and by expanding our roaming Add-Ons, we are making it easy for them to stay connected.”
Here is what you get with the Optus $20 Prepaid Data Roaming Add-on:
– Five new destinations including mainland China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia and Thailand in addition to the existing destinations of New Zealand, UK, USA, Singapore and Hong Kong.
– Increased expiry from five days to 14 days.
– New customers can now activate a $2 SIM via optus.com.au/activate and choose the $20 Roaming option. The $20 roaming option will only be available for activation on the Optus Prepaid Epic data plan. All SIM activations must occur within Australia.
– $20 Prepaid Data Roaming Add-On can be stacked if customers are travelling for a longer period. For example, if customers purchase two $20 Data Roaming Add-Ons in one day, they will have 28 days expiry and 20GB data.
– $20 Prepaid Data Roaming Add-On will be available on selected plans to buy via the My Optus app and optus.com.au/recharge.