How to Install TweakBox
TweakBox is a well-known name in iOS circles, one of the best Cydia alternatives ever released. Offering a comprehensive choice of third-party content, it is completely free and doesn’t need a jailbreak to work.
How to Install TweakBox:
Although you cannot download TweakBox from the official app store, it isn’t difficult to install it – all you need to do is manually install the app configuration profile:
- Open Safari browser and then open the linked TweakBox download page
- Choose one of the configuration profile links and tap it
- Tap on Allow on the popup confirmation message
- Tap Install, and your iOS Settings App opens
- Tap on Install and, when asked, input your device passcode
- Wait – when Safari browser opens, tap Install
- Tap Install to confirm, and Settings will open again
- Tap Install > Next and then tap Done
- TweakBox will load on your home screen when the installation is done
If it doesn’t, do these steps again – it might take a couple of tries to get it right
How to Fix the Untrusted Developer Error:
When you have successfully installed TweakBox on your iPhone or iPad, tap on the app icon. You should see an Untrusted Developer error stopping you from getting into the app. This is because TweakBox is unofficial,l and Apple cant verify who the developer is. You can so, when you see the error message, note the name of the developer and press cancel
- Open iOS Settings
- Go into General Settings and tap on Profiles & Device Management
- Find the name of the developer in the profiles list and tap it
- Tap the Trust button and close Settings
Now when you try to open TweakBox, it should work.
How to Use TweakBox:
Using TweakBox is as easy as using the official store:
- Open TweakBox from your home screen
- Tap the Apps option
- Pick an app category – see above for details
- Find what you want to download – use the search bar if you are looking for a particular app
- Tap on your app or game
- Tap on Install and wait
- When the app is on your home screen, follow the Untrusted Developer guide,e and then you can use it.
What is TweakBox App?
TweakBox is a third-party app store packed with cool content. Choose from more than 2000 apps, games, and more; most of it modified with new features and some Cydia tweaks too. Constantly monitored, the developers fix problems straight away and regularly add new and cool apps and games.
When it comes to features, there are two obvious ones that stand out – everything is free, and you don’t need to jailbreak. But with the amount of content packed into the app, finding what you want could be difficult. Here, the developers have helped out by including a search bar and app categories:
- Official iOS Apps – official apps and games
- TweakBox Exclusive Apps – unofficial apps, such as media streaming, game emulators, screen recorders, tweaks, and more
- Tweaked Apps – plenty of stock apps modified with new features
- Modified Games – official games for free and unlocked, all in-app features available – Pokémon Go, GTA, Minecraft PE, and many more
Fixing Common TweakBox Errors:
TweakBox is one of the more reliable third-party app installers, but there are still a couple of common errors that arise. None of them are serious, and they are all easy to fix:
Blank or White Screen:
- Open your iOS Settings app
- Go into Safari settings
- Tap Clear Website Data
- The screen should be clear
The same steps apply if the app icon is greyed out.
TweakBox Has Stopped Working:
This is because the app source cannot be verified.
- Remove TweakBox from your device
- Reinstall the app
- Open your iOS Settings
- Tap General > Profiles
- Tap on the TweakBox profile
- Tap on Verify (or Trust) and close Settings
TweakBox should now work
Cannot Download TweakBox:
This typically happens when you already have an older version of TweakBox on your device, and a conflict arises between that and the newer version; fixing it is easy:
- Delete TweakBox from your device, ensuring all versions are removed
- Turn off your device and wait a minute or two
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad and download TweakBox following the guide above
TweakBox should now work properly.
TweakBox is one of the most powerful and comprehensive of all the third-party app installers, offering tons of cool apps and games. While it was originally developed as an alternative to Cydia, more and more people are now using it instead of the official app store. It’s free, and you don’t have to jailbreak, so try it on your device today.