Canva, the Australian visual communications platform, has expanded to video creation to make it even easier to create content and social media posts.
Canva Video Suite is an online end-to-end video creation product which allows users to easily create and publish professional quality videos.
It’s available for free on web, desktop and mobile and combines editing, recording and collaboration features along with video templates that you can customise to suit your needs.
And the good news is these templates support online platforms like TikTok and YouTube and can be used for workplace and business videos with other templates to suit the seasons like Halloween, Christmas and other celebrations.
The new features include:
– Scene-Based Editor: Canva simplifies video creation with a scene-based approach that feels familiar to building presentation slides, to eliminate the learning curve.
– Single Layer Timeline on Desktop and Mobile: Scenes can easily be re-ordered, lengthened, or split using the timeline, to turn individual scenes into a story. Cinematic transitions enable a perfect flow between segments, and editing is optimized for mobile apps and browsers, removing the need for powerful hardware.
– Multiple Audio Tracks: the video timeline now supports multiple audio tracks, whether uploaded to Canva or dragged from the media library, to enhance videos with music, sound effects, and narration. Canva Pro subscribers can access 27,000 royalty-free tracks through a partnership with Epidemic Sound, with thousands of new sound effects set to be available in November.
– Screen and Camera Recording: users can now record footage from a camera, screen, or Chrome tab, perfect for video messages and tutorials.
– Animation Combinations: Choose from an updated selection of animations to transform text, visual elements, or full pages, in a few simple actions. Animation Combinations, set to be launched in the coming weeks, will apply context-specific animations to every element in a scene at once, for the perfect balance.
Canva Video Suite is part of the company’s free visual communications platform which already has thousands of templates across different design formats like presentations, posters, infographics, business cards, letterheads plus a media library of assets including graphics, photos, audio and stock videos.