Rode has just released its new next generation VideoMicro II on-camera shotgun microphone to bring professional sound quality to your content.
VideoMicro II has several new features and enhancements that build on what made the original a huge success.
And it’s all housed in an ultra-compact form-factor that can be used with a camera or smartphone.
“The VideoMicro was groundbreaking when it was released almost a decade ago,” said Rode CEO Damien Wilson.
“Never before had creators been able to record crystal-clear audio with a microphone as compact, lightweight and easy to use. It has since become the world’s best-selling on-camera mic and has spawned many imitators, though none have replicated the professional performance of the original.
“Over the past ten years, we have continued to innovate across our entire VideoMic range, and we are excited to now update the VideoMicro with next-generation features for today’s creators.”
The VideoMicro II is a condenser microphone with a supercardoid polar pattern for directional audio capture so it can beam in on what it’s pointed at while reducing background noise at the same time.
On the design side, the VideoMicro II body has been refreshed to accommodate the annular line tube technology for natural, full-bodied sound.
The circuitry has also been rejigged for enhanced sensitivity and reduced self noise.
As a result the VideoMicro II delivers a stunning sound from a such compact design.
Weighing just 39g, the VideoMicro II is a simple plug and play set-up with no buttons or other complicated controls so anyone can elevate their audio quality with their camera or smartphone.
The included Helix isolation mount and red suspension mount isolated the capsule from outside vibrations that are the result of knocks and bumps.
It also has handy cable management clips, a standard mount for sliding into a camera’s cold shoe and a 3/8-inch thread to mount on a boom pole.
Also included is a deluxe foam and furry windshields to reduce wind noise when shooting outdoors and other testing environments.
It comes with a 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable to connect to a camera and a 3.5mm TRS to TRRS cable to connect to a smartphone.
The Rode VideoMicro II is available now and is priced at $135.
KEY FEATURES OF THE VIDEOMICRO II
– Professional-grade on-camera shotgun microphone
– Supercardioid polar pattern for highly directional audio capture
– Rode’s annular line tube technology for unmatched transparency and natural, full-bodied sound
– Innovative HELIX isolation mount system for superior protection from knocks, bumps and handling noise
– 3.5mm TRS output with plug-and-play connectivity and no complicated controls – incredibly easy to use
– Ultra-compact and lightweight – just 39g
– Rugged, all-metal body and premium components
– Deluxe foam and furry windshields and cables for connecting to cameras and smartphones included
– Designed and made in Rode’s state-of-the-art facilities in Sydney, Australia