GoPro has relaunched and renamed its mobile app to Quik and made it easier for users to get the most out of their pictures and videos with access to powerful editing tools and auto-generating videos.
This fresh approach to the app means users can access their existing pictures and videos in their camera and also import their content from their GoPro camera or any other source and easily share it.
Quik replaces the GoPro app in iOS and Android app stores. Existing users will see an update which will bring the app to the new Quik version.
With the Quik app users can share to their own private Mural feed within the app which can be seen by their close friends and followers.
But the main attraction of GoPro’s Quik app is the simple yet powerful editing tools.
The app can recognise multiple pictures and videos grouped together from the same event and create a highlight video that’s also beat-synced to music.
It’s also possible add themes and titles and also create slo-mo sequences within your video.
Quik is available for iOS and Android and supports photos and video from any other modern phone or camera including GoPros and DSLRs.
Quik makes it simple and fun to finally make sense of the vast number of photos and videos we all have on our phones,” said GoPro founder and CEO, Nicholas Woodman.
“You don’t even have to open the Quik app to organize your images, simply share your favourite shots directly to Quik from your camera roll, text threads or wherever your best shots may be.
We named it Quik because that’s what it is!”
“Helping people get the most out of their personal content represents an enormous long-term opportunity for our business and brand.”
Quik features and benefits include:
– Unlimited Importing of Your Favourite Photos and Videos: Import photos and videos from any phone or camera, including GoPros and DSLRs. Never lose track of your best shots, Quik makes it easy to enjoy them all in one app
- Unlimited Cloud Backup (Available Later This Year): Every photo and video you post to your Quik mural feed will be backed up at its original quality
- Automatic Video Creation: Create impressive music-synced videos by simply selecting the photos and videos you want to include along with a song from the included library or your own
- New GoPro Original Music: Choose from a growing list of royalty-free tracks curated in-house at GoPro or add your own music to your videos—all of which will automatically beat-sync to your videos
- Powerful Editing Tools: Adjust exposure, contrast, colour, vibrancy; get creative with intuitive single and multi-clip video editing; add text, stickers and more
- New Video Speed Tool: Speed ramp your videos faster or slower and add super slo-mo and freeze frame segments at multiple points within in a single video clip
- GoPro-Exclusive Filters: Use dozens of filters, including many optimized for natural environment “looks,” including snow, desert, water and more
- Premium Themes: Choose from a growing list of sophisticated video edit themes, making it easy to give your videos a particular style or energy
- Frame Grabbing: Extract photo still images from your videos
- Easy Social Sharing: Post directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more, or share via text or email.
The GoPro Quik app is free to download but to unlock the app’s full capabilities users can subscribe for $1.99 a month or $9.99 for a year.
Subscribers will receive unlimited cloud backup of imported photos and videos at their original quality.
GoPro subscribers who pay $49.95 a year will receive $100 off up to three GoPro cameras per year, 50 per cent off accessories and guaranteed damaged camera replacement.