DJI has unveiled the OM 4 Smartphone Stabiliser which makes it even easier than ever to capture life’s most important moments smoothly and quickly.
The rebranded follow-up to DJI’s OSMO Mobile line, the DJI OM 4 has a new magnetic phone attachment system so users can attach their smartphone to the gimbal in an instant so they can start shooting right away.
The DJI OM 4 has a foldable design to make them even more portable and convenient to take with you anywhere.
With the latest smartphones including amazing high quality camera systems capable of shooting up to 8K video quality, the DJI OM 4 is an ideal companion to add a professional quality and more visual appeal to your videos.
It can be used with most smartphones and has upgraded motors to be able to handle even more weight than its predecessors.
“As the DJI OM smartphone stabilizers have evolved over the years, every iteration has made it easier for anyone to add rock-solid stabilization to their photos and videos,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI.
“With its new magnetic attachment and folding design, the DJI OM 4 again goes farther so anyone, no matter their experience with gimbals, can pick it up and make content that pulls in the viewer.
“As people around the globe now rely on their smartphones to navigate the new work-from-home world, stay connected with loved ones and showcase their lives, the DJI OM 4 is our phone’s companion we need to make capturing footage fun, smooth and magnetic.”
There are two magnetic attachments which can be fitted to smartphone – a clamp or a ring holder that sticks to the back of your device.
Either way, the smartphones snaps quickly and securely to the DJI OM 4.
The DJI OM 4 can be expertly used with one hand with access to all the controls at your fingertips.
The DJI OM 4 works with the DJI Mimo app so you can create some high quality content.
There are pre-programmed shooting modes and pro-grade features that can make your videos look better than ever.
– ActiveTrack 3.0: Select a subject for the DJI OM 4 to automatically track and let the gimbal do the work for you. Newly updated, the mode features improved distinction between subjects such as adults, children, and pets. Framing during ActiveTrack can now be adjusted by using the dedicated joystick for enhanced control.
– Gesture Control: Easily start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 4, perfect for capturing an epic selfie or group footage without a finicky self- timer.
– Pre-programmed Movements and Modes: Take advantage of unique gimbal movements and high-grade image modes that will make footage look like it was shot by a professional:
– DynamicZoom: A visually appealing cinematic look, the DJI OM 4 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock.
– Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using TimeLapse; Motionlapse, which adds set movement points for the gimbal; or HyperLapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology as well as the 3-axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media for the world to enjoy.
– Slow-motion: Slow down the world around you in stunning detail with the Slow-motion feature.
– Sport Mode: The DJI OM 4 will respond and follow subjects and movements faster to add a level of action to the scene.
– Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3X3 panorama, 240°panorama and a new “CloneMe” panorama which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a unique and creative effect.
– Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
– Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the preset templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 4 uses preset movements, music and color palates for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
The DJI OM 4 is priced at $239 which includes the magnetic ring holder, magnetic phone clamp, grip tripod, wrist strap, storage pouch and power cable.