D-Link has launched two new Wi-Fi 6 mesh routers – the AX1800 and AX5400 – to improve the wireless quality and range in your home as more people are working and learning from home as well as keeping themselves entertained.
The new D-Link routers combine 802.11ax – otherwise known as Wi-Fi 6 – with dual band technology and Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide a pro-level networking experience.
“By combining the very latest Wi-Fi 6 technology into our latest range of EXO AX Series Routers along with our easy-to-use D-Link Wi-Fi installation and management app and our award-winning 24/7 free technical support, it’s an easy choice for customers to upgrade to the latest Wi-Fi technology in their home,” says Graeme Reardon, managing director of D-Link AN/Z.
“With all the latest phones, tablets and smart home devices now coming out that have Wi-Fi 6 built-in, it’s a great time to upgrade your home network and supercharge your home network speeds, whilst increasing your Wi-Fi coverage too.”
The new routers offer 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands with a throughput improvement of up 25 per cent and 160Mhz contiguous channel for even more bandwidth.
This all adds up to a combined speed of up to 5,400Mbps (600Mbps + 4,800Mbp) for the AX5400 and 1,800Mbps (600Mbps on the 2.4Ghz band and 1,200Mbps on the 5Ghz band) for the AX1800.
Also under the hood are power amplifiers and beamforming technology to extend the reach to your devices across your home with support for up to six simultaneous streams.
This means you can enjoy fast data streams at the same time to stream 4K video, VR gaming and cloud storage access.
The Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports allows users to hard wire their devices to the routers while the built-in QoS (quality of service) engine also allows you to prioritise traffic to ensure your favourite devices are receiving optimal bandwidth.
The D-Link routers also offer greater efficiency with BSS colouring which takes each signal and “colours” it with unique coding so there is less interference and more range on more congested wi-fi environments.
The D-Link Wi-Fi app also makes the new routers easy to set up and to also access the network settings to control access to your network and offer greater control to users.
The DIR-X1860 AX1800 and DIR-X5460 AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Routers are available now from www.dlink.com.au for $299.95 and $499.95) respectively from all authorised D-Link partners and retailers.
DIR-X1860 and DIR-X5460 key features
– Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology provides faster speeds, greater capacity and less network congestion
– Next-gen speeds up to 5,400 Mbps (600 Mbps + 4,800 Mbps) for the DIR-X5460 and 1800 Mbps for the DIR-X1860 (1200 Mbps on the 5GHz and 600 Mbps on the 2.4GHz)
– Dual-Band Wi-Fi with up to 6 simultaneous streams makes 4K streaming, VR gaming or video chatting a breeze
– OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology communicate more data to more devices while simultaneously reducing lag
– BSS colouring technology reduces interference in ‘noisy’ Wi-Fi environments, making more efficient use of available Wi-Fi spectrum
– Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port provide optional wired connectivity
– Built in USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports to create shared storage
– Intelligent Quality of Service (QoS) prioritises network traffic to minimise the impact of low bandwidth
– Backwards compatibility ensures support for previous Wi-Fi standards and all Wi-Fi devices
– Increased battery life of connected devices with Target Wake Time technology
– Supports the latest Wi-Fi security with 128-bit encryption
– Voice Control for an even easier home Wi-Fi networking experience
– Works with the D-Link Wi-Fi app for easy setup and enhanced parental controls