Sony announces Bravia XR TVs with cognitive processor that mimics the human brain
Sony has announced a new range of Bravia XR TVs which use a new cognitive technology that goes beyond Artificial Intelligence to replicate the way humans see and hear.
The new Bravia XR range includes the Master Series Z9J 8K LED and A90J OLED and the X95J and X90J 4K LED TVs.
The new Sony TVs also include 4K 120fps, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) which makes them an attractive choice for next-generation gamers.
The new Bravia XR line-up will be powered by the Cognitive Processor XR – the new brains of the Bravia XR range – which uses a completely new processing method to optimise the picture quality in real time.
When we see objects, we tend to focus on certain points.
The new Cognitive Processor XR, powered by cognitive intelligence, knows where those focal points are by dividing the screen in various zones and detecting the focal point in the image.
Regular AI can only detect and analyse picture elements like colour, contrast and detail but the new Sony processor can cross analyse an array of elements at the same time like the human brain.
This method ensures each element is adjusted to its best version in conjunction with other objects so viewers see a picture that’s synchronised and life-like.
The Cognitive Processor XR also looks after the by analysing the sound position in the signal and output to match it precisely on the screen.
It can also upconvert any sound to 3D surround sound for even greater realism.
“Sony’s key objective is to offer customers an incredibly immersive viewing experience by utilising evolving technologies and premium large screens to perfectly deliver the creator’s true intent,” said Aki Hosoda, Head of TV, Sony ANZ.
“The new BRAVIA XR TVs take big screen home entertainment to new heights with the introduction of the most advanced processing technology we have ever created.”
Key BRAVIA XR lineup highlights:
– Google TV: This lineup also introduces Google TV, a brand-new entertainment experience that brings together movies, shows, live TV and more from apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you. Find something to watch with personalised recommendations.
– HDMI 2.1 compatibility: All BRAVIA XR TVs will feature HDMI 2.1 compatibility, including 4K 120fps, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and e-ARC, supporting higher resolutions and frame rates ideal for next-generation gaming.
– Sound-from-Picture Reality: In addition to best-in-class picture quality, the new Cognitive Processor XR also offers incredible sound with Sound-from-Picture Reality, which aligns the position of the sound with the images on the screen to offer a uniquely lifelike experience.
– Hands-Free Voice Function: Sony’s voice-activated TVs work alongside Google Assistant to provide a smarter viewing experience[i]. Ask the Assistant to search for the latest blockbuster or stream shows. Have it dim the lights by connecting smart home devices. Manage tasks and see your calendar, or ask it questions and see the answers on your TV.
– Smart Speaker compatibility: With Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices, you can cast and control videos from YouTube with Google Nest speakers[ii] or change the channel or volume with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices.
– Delivering the creator’s intent: The new models will continue to deliver the creator’s intent with Netflix Calibrated Mode, offering studio-quality Netflix content.
|MASTER Series Z9J 8K LED TV
|The latest addition to Sony’s 8K line-up, the Z8J delivers super high 8K detail and lifelike picture quality.
Cognitive Processor XR understands how humans see and hear, providing a revolutionary experience that completely immerses viewers in their favourite content.
Combined with the precision of a Full Array LED panel, XR Triluminos Pro, XR Contrast Booster and XR 8K Upscaling delivers supreme 8K realism with deep blacks and intense brightness.
Three-way stand provides three stand position options, including a narrow position for a smaller footprint, hero position to eliminate distractions and sound bar position to elevate the TV and integrate a soundbar system.
|MASTER Series A90J OLED TV
|The A90J OLED TV utilises XR OLED Contrast Pro to adjust brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow, while XR Triluminos Pro enables a wider palette to reproduce each colour with the subtle differences seen in the real world.
Minimalist one slate design with Seamless Edge bezel embraces the screen in a single pane of glass that’s naturally elegant and keeps viewers focused on the picture without distraction
Additionally, the A90J’s improved Acoustic Surface Audio+ technology delivers more accurate sound positioning and cinematic surround sound, providing pictures and sound in perfect harmony.
|A80J OLED TV
|Announcing the A80J, which offers the Cognitive Processor XR that understands how humans see and hear, that completely immerses viewers in their favourite content.
XR Motion Clarity technology controls moving images precisely to minimise blur so that pictures remain true with less loss in brightness during high speed scenes.
Additionally, the Three-way stand provides three stand position options, including a narrow position for a smaller footprint, hero position to eliminate distractions and sound bar position to elevate the TV and integrate a soundbar system.
|X95J 4K LED TV
|The X95HJ offers Cognitive Processor XR, providing a revolutionary experience that completely immerses viewers in their favourite content by understanding how humans see and hear.
Latest XR Motion Clarity technology cross-analyses data to ensure action stays smooth, bright and clear with no blur.
X-Anti Reflection minimises reflection for a distraction-free viewing experience.
|X90J 4K LED TV
|Sony’s new mid-range Full Array LED model includes the Cognitive Processor XR, and delivers supreme realism with deep blacks and intense brightness combined with the precision of a Full Array LED panel, XR Triluminos Pro and XR Contrast Booster.
Minimalist design of the X90J maximises the screen and minimises the bezel so users stay focused on what’s important – the picture.
Additionally, the X90J offers quick access to an array of content and services with Google TV with easy connectivity to most devices, including Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit, and includes Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support.