Neutrogena’s MaskiD can create a 3D-printed mask to suit your specific skin needs
Beauty and technology collided at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas where well-known company Neutrogena introduced its MaskiD – a 3D printed sheet mask tailored to the individual.
Used with a companion Skin360 app, MaskiD is created after taking a photo of your face and using a scanner that attached to an iPhone to take a closer look at any problem areas.
On the iPhone, you will be able to see what your mask will look like before it’s shipped out to you.
Sheet masks are effective for skincare because they create a physical barrier that maximises efficiency.
The hydrogel mask is custom-3D-printed and combines five ingredients from the Neutrogena library of clinically-tested skincare solutions.
The ingredients, chosen based on information about each user’s unique skin needs and infused into the six zones of the mask (forehead, eye orbital, nose, cheeks, chin and nasolabial folds), include:
– Purified hyaluronic acid helps improve skin’s moisture barrier, resulting in smooth, hydrated skin.
– Vitamin B3 helps boost skin’s ability to improve its appearance of discoloration, dull skin and helps to diffuse the look of dark spots.
– Feverfew delivers high antioxidant benefits to help reduce the appearance of facial redness.
– Stabilized Glucosamine helps exfoliate the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines.
– Vitamin C delivers healthier and brighter looking skin and improved overall radiance of skin.
The 3D mask can be personalised in three ways – with the shape of the mask itself, with the personalised dermatological data gained from the app and the scanner and the proprietary 3D printing process for a custom fit.
“Women who embraced our Neutrogena Skin 36 personal skin analysis tool told us how excited they were to finally understand the unique aspects of their own skin—and they told us they want more,” said Sebastien Guillon, Global President of Beauty, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
“They wish they could find personalized skincare solutions that address their skin’s unique needs, and we believe that sheet masks are the perfect opportunity to deliver on this unmet need.”
The Neutrogena MaskiD will be available in the second half of 2019.
* Tech Guide travelled to Las Vegas with support from LG, Samsung and Hisense.