LG has just unveiled its latest flagship smartphone – the G7 ThinQ – a device that brings useful artificial intelligence to the palm of your hand to enhance your experience.
The device has a sleek design with a polished metal rim to give it a sophisticated look.
Also on board is Gorilla Glass 5 front and back for added toughness along with an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
The G7, which will be available in Australia in June, has a 6.1-inch quad HD display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 and 564ppi (pixels per inch).
The display has a 19.5:9 FullVision screen ratio and a slimmer bottom bezel than the one seen on the G6.
The LCD screen uses Super Bright Display technology so it can be easily viewed in direct sunlight thanks to an industry leading 1000 nit brightness.
There are also six different viewing modes which can be automatically selected depending on the content you’re viewing on the device.
G7’s display also offers the choice of having a notch at the top of the screen or squaring off the top of the screen.
The phone is almost half an inch larger than the G6 but is exactly the same width making it easy to use with one hand and offering a comfortable fit in the palm of your hand
It is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory as well as a microSD card slot.
On the camera side, users will be able to enjoy an upgraded 8-megapixel camera on the front and two 16-megapixel lenses on the back that offer both standard and wide-angle configurations to capture even more detail in your images.
The phone’s artificial intelligence comes into play here with 19 shooting modes which can be interpreted automatically by what the camera sees.
For example, if you’re shooting at night the G7 will select Night Mode.
Another enhancement with the G7 is low light photography thanks to the Super Bright Camera which uses a combination of pixel binning, software processing and the AI algorithm to capture the best result.
Also new to the device is Portrait Mode which can produce professional shots with blurred backgrounds.
The LG G7 will also become one of the first products to receive the highly anticipated Google Lens features which can deliver information on things like landmarks, plants, animals and books through the camera.
The device offers a superior audio experience as well.
For the first time on an LG phone, Boombox Speaker takes advantage of the internal space of the product as a residence chamber to deliver surprising bass so there’s no need to link a Bluetooth speaker.
The G7 is also the first smartphone to offer DTS:X to deliver virtual 3D sound for all content with up to 7.1 channel audio through the earphones.
The LG G7 ThinQ will be available in June through JB Hi-Fi and other selected retailers. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.1-inch QHD+ 19.5:9 FullVision Super Bright Display (3120 x 1440 / 564ppi)
- Memory: LG G7 ThinQ: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.1 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
– Rear Dual: 16MP Super Wide Angle (F1.9 / 107°) / 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71° – Front: 8MP Wide Angle (F1.9 / 80°)
- Battery: 3000mAh
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Size: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 162g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Others: Super Bright Display / New Second Screen / AI CAM / Super Bright Camera / Super Far Field Voice Recognition / Boombox Speaker / Google Lens / AI Haptic / Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / HDR10 / Google Assistant Key / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging / FM Radio