Ecovacs Robotics has launched its latest robot vacuum – the Deebot Neo – a model designed especially for Australian homes and customers who wanted free up time from their cleaning.
The unit will be available in next week’s ALDI Special Buys catalogue at a price of $399 from March 9, down from its usual $799 recommended retail price.
The Deebot Neo has doubled the suction power of previous models and includes other advanced features usually found on more expensive products, including advanced mapping and mopping technology.
And it can all be controlled from the palm of your hand using the Ecovacs Home companion smartphone app.
The Deebot Neo is both a vacuum and a mop, depending on the surface, and is an affordable, yet highly functional, robot vacuum for the customer who wants to take their first step into the category.
The device features TrueMapping laser-based navigation technology so it can find its way around your home quickly and efficiently.
TrueMapping uses dToF laser detection which doubles the distance recognition capabilities of previous models.
It also has a four-fold improvement in detecting objects in its path.
The detection distance now stands at 10m with the ability to detect objects as small as a few centimetres.
The Deebot Neo can scan and map your home so it can plan the most efficient cleaning path that still offers speed and precision.
Users can even set up a virtual boundary which can be controlled via the companion app so you can restrict the robot from entering certain parts of your home.
The Deebot Neo was designed to meet the challenge of space with a slimmer design to enable the unit to get underneath lower furniture and clean smaller spaces.
And of course, suction power remains the key focus for Ecovacs Research and Innovations team.
Ecovacs has developed a pressure retention system they can optimise energy and increase suction power add up to 2600Pa, that’s a 73 per cent increase from the Ecovacs model previously sold through Aldi.
Also onboard is the Floating Brush 2.0 which features the latest suspension and brush design and allows the robot to sweep and vacuum dust even from small gaps and crevices.
On the mopping side, the Deebot Neo has an electronically controlled water pump and water tank so we can mop and vacuum in a single pass.
The Ozmo mopping system efficiently cleans the whole house without the need to stop and top up the water tank while at the same time removing more than 99 per cent of bacteria.
And with the mopping plate installed, the Deebot can turn on the mopping mode automatically and manage the water yield through the Ecovacs Home app.
And it’s also smart enough to detect and react to changing surfaces.
For example, if the unit hits carpet while mopping, it stops instantly and ensures these areas don’t get wet.
And if the mopping mode is not on, it will automatically increase suction in that area.
Other Key Features:
– Compatible with Auto-Empty Station: Available separately from Ecovacs, the large volume of 2.5L can hold the dust and hair collected for up to 30 days, dramatically reducing the need to frequently clean the dustbin, so users can enjoy their home being cleaned for weeks with peace and ease.
– Automatic charging and continuous cleaning: Even long cleaning paths are no problem for the Neo. If the battery is low, the robotic vacuum cleaner automatically returns to its docking station. As soon as it is fully charged, it continues cleaning the floor where it left off.
– Mapping of several levels: Scan and store multiple maps of different floors of your home. The robot will customise its cleaning path once identifying which map it is in. You can also customize which room you’d like the robot to clean on each floor.
– App control: You can use the app to conveniently control your robot from any situation and schedule a cleaning time or check the current cleaning status. Maps can be stored and individually adapted – with functions such as Virtual Boundary, for example, which limits the robotic vacuum cleaner’s operating area – or certain areas for individual cleaning tasks can be set.
– Customised Cleaning: customise specific suction power, water flow and cleaning sequences for each room in the home
– Smart Home Device Compatibility: Experience convenient, hands-off controls. If you are a Google Home or Amazon Echo user, by linking your smart home devices to your robot.
– Stress free updates: The intuitive robot manages its own updates using ‘Over The Air’ technology. You can just update your app to get the functions optimized and extended.
– High Efficiency Air Filter: Breathe easy while your robot cleans. With its High Efficiency Filter, your robot will reduce airborne triggers while vacuuming.
The Deebot Neo is available at Aldi from March 9 for $399, while stocks last.