Rode has unveiled its powerful new all-in-one solution for audio content creators – the Rodecaster Pro II – an impressive update to the popular original which changed the game for podcasters, musicians and other content creators.
The new console combines features usually found in a professional broadcast studio and put them at your fingertips to allow you to create high quality recordings quickly and easily.
The original Rodecaster, released in 2018, become the go-to product for podcasters around the world – and it just got even better.
“The Rodecaster Pro marked a monumental step forward in creative audio technology,” says Rode CEO Damien Wilson.
“It was a truly ground-breaking innovation, the likes of which had never been seen before, and it has had a significant impact on the growth of podcasting over the last four years.
“When developing the Rodecaster Pro II, we went in with a similar mindset to the original: we wanted to create something truly revolutionary once again, but this time our focus was all creators, not just podcasters.
“We designed it completely from the ground up to deliver unprecedented performance and complete adaptability in any creative application, from gaming and streaming to music production.
“And, of course, it’s still the most powerful podcasting console available. This is not simply an evolution of the Rodecaster Pro.
“It’s a completely new beast unlike anything you’ve seen before.”
The Rodecaster Pro II has a multitude of new features and capabilities including four studio grade combo inputs which can not only connect microphones but also instruments including guitars and keyboards and other devices.
Each input includes Rode’s new ultra-low noise high gain Revolution Preamps which offer crisp audio quality with any microphone or instrument.
The Rodecaster Pro II also offers a full line-up of studio quality APHEX audio processors which have been completely redesigned from the original using component level analysis of analogue units to come up with dynamic signal processing that brings the quality to a professional level.
And it is all controlled through the high-definition full colour touch screen so it’s easy to navigate and control the console.
One of the biggest changes with the Rodecaster Pro II is the ability to fully customise and adapt to suit whatever you’re recording.
There are nine individually assignable channels – six broadcast quality physical faders along with three virtual faders.
The new console still has eight smart pads which can do a lot more this time including triggering voice effects like reverb, echo and robot and send commands to external software and hardware.
There are bank switching buttons just below the smart pads which allows users to access eight banks for a total of 64 unique actions at the touch of a button.
On the connectivity side, the Rodecaster Pro II allows users to create a streamlined workflow and integrate with other equipment.
There are four high powered headphone outputs and quarter inch balanced line outputs for connecting speakers for clear monitoring and playback.
There are dual USB-C ports which can be used to connect two computers or mobile devices alongside an extra virtual USB channel for connecting chat applications.
You can still record to a micro-SD card or connect to your computer or an SSD (solid-state drive) as well.
The Rodecaster Pro II will be launched with a range of accessories including a cover, a VESA amount, carry bag, coloured cables and more.
The new Rodecaster Pro II will be available to pre-order from today and will be shipping in late June. It will be priced at $1,199.
KEY FEATURES OF THE RODECASTER PRO II
– The ultimate audio solution for content creators, including podcasters, livestreamers, musicians, and more
– Ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamps deliver world-class audio quality with stunning clarity and transparency
– High-performance quad-core audio engine delivers significantly more processing power than any other content creation console
– Studio-quality APHEX audio processing for superior sound quality and unmatched flexibility in any recording application
– Powerful on-board effects, including reverb, echo, robot, pitch shifting and more unlock unlimited creative possibilities
– Groundbreaking SMART pads for triggering sounds, voice effects, MIDI commands and mixer actions – eight banks of eight pads for 64 unique actions
– Endlessly customisable, with nine individually assignable channels, on-board granular editing, fully programmable SMART pads and more allowing any creator to design their perfect setup
– Advanced Bluetooth connectivity with wide-band speech for ultra-high-quality phone call integration and audio streaming, wireless monitoring, and more
– Unrivalled connectivity, with dual USB-C interfaces for connecting two computers or mobile devices, studio-grade Neutrik combo inputs for connecting microphones and instruments, plus Wi-Fi, Ethernet and more
– 5.5-inch high-definition touchscreen (with haptic feedback) and rotary encoder for easy navigation and control
– Designed and made in RØDE’s state-of-the-art facilities in Sydney, Australia.