D-Link has launched the new DIR-X1560 and router with the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology onboard for even faster and more reliable wireless connectivity to meet the needs of the modern smart home.
The dual band router can provide combined wi-fi speeds of up to 1,500Mbps and offers an easy upgrade path to your existing network.
The DIR-X1560 can handle up to four 4K streams at the same time as well as fast online gaming.
Onboard technology called 1024 QAM also helps to boost throughput to devices connected to the modem by up to 25 per cent.
The built-in power amplifiers also include beamforming which increases the range and strength of the wireless network.
It can also increase your wi-fi speed by up to 38 per cent.
There’s also MU-MIMO (multiple user – multiple in multiple out) technology and OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access) – a key part of Wi-Fi 6 which facilitiates additional capacity by splitting a channel into four sub-channels to reduce congestion on the network.
The D-Link DIR-X1560 also supports voice assistant capabilities so it’s possible to enable and disable wi-fi and reboot the device via Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant smart speakers.
Key features of D-Link’s new DIR-X1560 include:
– Wi-Fi 6 technology provides faster speeds, greater capacity and less network congestion
– Speeds up to 1.5Gbps (1200 Mbps on the 5GHz band and 300 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band)
– Dual-Band Wi-Fi with up to 4 simultaneous streams makes 4K streaming, gaming or video chatting a breeze
– OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology communicate more data to more devices while simultaneously reducing latency
– Intelligent Quality of Service (QoS) prioritises network traffic to minimise the impact of busy bandwidth
– Increased battery life of connected devices with Target Wake Time (TWT) technology
– Supports the latest 128-bit industry-standard Wi-Fi encryption
– Voice Control for an even easier home Wi-Fi networking experience
The D-Link DIR-X1560 is available now and is priced at $A249.95 and $NZ279.99.