How to Install ACMarket App on Android
For so long, all we have seen are alternative app stores for iOS users, but now Android users also have an alternative. ACMarket offers tons of modified and free apps and games, and it will work without having to root your device first.
How to Download ACMarket App:
Downloading ACMarket is easy to do:
- Open Android Settings and enable Unknown Sources ( in Security or Privacy )
- Download acmarket.apk to your device
- Open Downloads and double-tap the file
- ACMarket is on your home screen when the installation is done – if it isn’t there, repeat these steps.
How to Use ACMarket:
This is easier than downloading it:
- Open ACMarket and tap the Apps option.
- Choose a category
- Find an app or game to download and tap it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Not only is ACMarket free to use, but it also offers all this content:
- Android Apps – thousands of official apps and games
- ACMarket Apps – content only found here, not in any official store.
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps with new features
- Modified Games – stock games with new features and in-app game purchases and bonuses unlocked for free.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We provide the answers to the commonly asked ACMarket questions:
Which Platforms Can I Use ACMarket on?
It is officially an Android installer, but there are workarounds to get it on iOS devices and on Windows or Mac computers – you will need an Android emulator to install it on your computer but these are free to download and use.
Do I Need To Root My Device?
No, not if you don’t want to but it is worth knowing that ACMarket works better on rooted devices. First off, it will automatically modify the games and apps on your device and second, if you try to use some of the content across the internet on a rooted device, Google Play will likely block it.
How Safe is My Warranty?
Your warranty is not affected by installing ACMarket because it is a legal app to use. It doesn’t break security protocols and doesn’t need any special permissions to download and install. However, some of the modified apps and games are a different matter and may affect your warranty but, if you do need to return your device for repair, or any other reason, simply remove these apps and install them again later.
Resolving ACMarket Errors:
While ACMarket is reliable, there are times when it may stop working. There are several reasons why this might happen and several solutions; start with the first method and keep working through until one works for you:
Method 1: Reset the App Preferences
This seems to work for the majority of users:
- Open your Android Settings app and go to Apps (or Apps Manager, depending on the firmware version you have installed)
- Tap All Apps
- Tap on Reset App Preferences
- Tap on Reset Now on the popup message
- Close your Settings and try ACMarket – you should find it works.
If not, try this:
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Data and Cache
- Go back into Android Settings and tap on Apps or App Manager
- Tap the System Apps option
- Tap on Package Installer
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data in turn (for those on Android 6 Marshmallow, these options are in Storage)
- Close Settings – ACMarket should be working again
If it still doesn’t work, the next method should do the trick
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
When you install third-party apps on your Android device, they need permission to install and work. This should be done before you try to install the app:
- Open your Android Settings app and tap on Security (or Privacy)
- Find Unknown Sources and enable it using the slider beside it
- Now close Settings and try ACMarket.
If it still doesn’t work, you must delete ACMarket from your device. Reboot, check that Unknown Sources is still enabled, and try again.
If you still cant get ACMarket working or you are not getting on with it, there is an alternative. Panda Helper was originally released for iOS users but now has Android support and contains Android-only content. It’s completely free to use and you do not need to root your device to install and use it.
ACMarket is the first and best alternative to the official Android App store. Not only does it offer thousands of apps and games that you won’t find in the official Play Store, but it is also all for free. While you don’t need to root your device to use it, you do get better results if you do. Try ACMarket today and join millions of people who have already made it their app store of choice.