Australians spent up big in the run-up to Christmas and in the Boxing Day sales with Amazon customers setting new shopping records across every department of the online store.
Amazon Australia has revealed some of the bestselling products in the lead up to the holiday season.
These included the Nintendo Switch, the Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II wireless Bluetooth headphones, SanDisk memory cards and video games including Marvel’s Spiderman and Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Nintendo proved to be the most loved brand overall at Amazon.com.au.
Lego was the bestselling brand overall for toys with the Harry Potter and Star Wars sets among the most loved.
In the Boxing Day sales, Amazon customers took advantage of numerous deals across thousands of items.
The most popular included the Nintendo New 3DS XL and the bestselling Amazon devices were the Echo Dot second and third generations.
Highlights from Amazon Australia’s Holiday Shopping Season (from Friday 23rd November to Friday 21st December):
– The best-selling products include the Nintendo Switch, Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) wireless Bluetooth headphones, Sandisk memory card and a number of Video Games including Marvel’s Spiderman and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
– The best-selling video game was Marvel’s Spiderman.
– The best-selling toy was the Fortnite Edition Monopoly Board Game followed by Crayola Skinnies Markers, with Lego being the best-selling brand in toys.
– The best-selling baby brands across car seats, strollers and toys include Maxi Cosi, Baby Jogger, Fisher Price & Tomy.
– The best-selling consumer electronics product was Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless noise cancelling headphones (Series II).
– The best-selling beauty brands for her include Neutrogena, Nivea, Sukin and Foreo.
– The best-selling grooming products for him include Philips One Blade and Braun Series 7 Wet & Dry Electric Shaver.
– The best-selling print book was Michelle Obama’s Becoming, closely followed by home grown Scott Pape’s, The Barefoot Investor 2018 Update.
– The best-selling Amazon devices across Amazon.com.au were the Echo Dot (2nd and 3rd Gen), the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and the Fire TV Stick.
– The best-selling brands in fashion included Bonds, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Hanes and Van Heusen.
– Two of the top ten best-selling products in Pantry Food & Drinks were Tim Tams, with both Double Coat Biscuits and Original featuring.
– Amazon gift cards also featured in the top ten best-selling products and it was one of the best-sellers in the week before Christmas.
Highlights from Amazon Australia’s Boxing Day Sale Event from 00:01 24th December to 23:59 27th December 2018:
– The best-selling products included the Nintendo New 3DS XL, Finish All in 1 Max Dishwasher Tablets and Huggies Nappies.
– Some of the best performing brands were Nintendo, Huggies, Sony, Philips, Nivea and Birkenstocks.
– Customers continued to buy Amazon devices including the Echo Dot 2nd and 3rd Gen, the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and the Fire TV Stick.
– The most popular deal during the Sale Event was ‘Spend $50, Save 20% on Select Household & Pantry Essentials,’ followed by ‘Great Deals on Selected Activision Games.’
– Customers snapped up deals on Fashion with brands such as Birkenstocks, Bonds, Champion, Nike, Tommy Hilfiger and Puma being particularly popular.
– The best-selling toy during the Boxing Day Sale event was LEGO Minifigures Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Collectible Toy Series, with LEGO being the best-selling brand in toys.
– Australians stocked up on M&Ms during the Boxing Day Sale Event with the 1kg Party Size Bag of M&Ms in both Peanut Chocolate and Milk Chocolate being the most popular products in Pantry Food & Drinks.
– The best-selling brands in beauty were Nivea, Neutrogena, Philips, Foreo and L’Oreal Paris.
“This season was our best yet, and we look forward to continuing to bring our customers what they want, in ways most convenient for them in 2019,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer.
“We are thrilled that in the U.S. alone, more than one billion items shipped for free this holiday with Prime.
“Thank you to our employees all around the world who are committed to bringing our customers the widest selection of products with low prices and fast and free delivery options throughout the holidays and all year long.”