Zoom meetings have become an everyday part of life nowadays with everyone working from home but you can jazz up your meetings with free backgrounds from Getty Images, Canva and Star Wars.
Each of the images are designed to make you seem like you’re in a different place or just provide a more pleasing scene.
The Getty Images that are free to download include an image of the Great Pyramids, dinosaurs, a stadium, a rainbow and a basket of kittens.
Canva, the Australian company that makes it easier to design stunning graphics, also has a fine selection of images and moving pictures including a café, Earth rotating from space, a coral reef with fish swimming and waterfall.
But if you’re a Star Wars fan you can choose to set your background as an asteroid field, Cloud City, Coruscant, Death Star control room, Death Star ruins from Rise of Skywalker, the ice planet Hoth, the Imperial Star Destroyer bridge, Jakku, Kylo Ren’s Star Destroyer, the Millennium Falcon ,Tatooine, a starfield or the Emperor’s throne on Exegol.
OK, you’ve picked your backgrounds – here’s how to set it up on Zoom on your Mac or PC:
– Click your profile picture and click on Settings.
– On the left side, click on the Virtual Background tab -(if you don’t see this tab, you can activate at the Zoom website through the Settings menu).
– In the Virtual Background tab, select one of Zoom’s defaults or upload your own image.
– If you have a green screen set-up, you can select that option.
– To add your own image or video, click the + icon to upload from your computer.