Dick Smith issues recall for portable DVD players which may catch fire
Dick Smith has issued an urgent recall for four of its Dick Smith-branded portable DVD players sold in Australian and New Zealand because they pose a fire risk.
The players sold between November 2009 and July 2012 were found to have a problem with the internal lithium ion rechargeable battery which could overheat and catch fire.
The affected units are the 7-inch portable D6200, the 7-inch dual screen D6201, the 9-inch dual screen D6203 and the 7-inch portable GE4203.
The model number of these devices can be found on the rear or base of the unit.
Dick Smith has issued the recall as a precaution after external testing found the potential problems.
Customers who own one of the units in the recall are asked to stop using the product and return it to a Dick Smith store for a full refund.
If Australia customers require further information they can call Dick Smith Customer Service number on 1300 366 644.