Ring has changed the game when it comes to home security with its video doorbells and it has just released the fifth version of the product that is designed for apartments, townhouses and other rental properties.
Ring Door View Cam can be installed directly on a front door to replace an existing peephole.
Installation doesn’t require any drilling or permanent modifications of any kind to the door. On the inside of the door users place the included viewer which lets you look out through the Ring Door View Cam making it now a digital peephole.
Ring Door View Cam provides 1080p HD video, motion detection and two-way audio so you can talk to whoever is at your front door.
It also includes knock detection, privacy zones which can be adjusted and even night vision to ensure you’re covered day and night.
Ring Door View Cam contains a removable cover and a rechargeable battery so it can easily turn your old peephole into a smart security camera.
“With the launch of Ring Door View Cam in Australia, Ring now offers a video doorbell for nearly every type of home,” Mark Fletcher, Ring Managing Director APAC, said.
“Those who live in walk-up style apartments or even townhouses can now keep an eye on their front door, ensuring they never miss a delivery person, friends and family arriving, or unwanted visitors.
“Coupled with an indoor or outdoor Stick Up Cam, which was released earlier this year, renters or homeowners can now keep an eye on every access point to their apartment or townhouse, especially when they are away from home.”
Ring Door View Cam takes the learnings from the original Ring Video Doorbell and designed for apartment buildings where visitors interact with doors and doorbells in a different way.
The result is a product that will allow apartment dwellers to add security and peace of mind as well is never ever missing a delivery.
Ring Door View Cam includes:
– Easy Installation – Ring Door View Cam easily installs in place of a door viewer, without the need for drilling or permanent modifications.
– HD Video – Customers can view live video and recordings of their front door with the same experience and video quality as Ring’s other video doorbells.
– Knock Detection – If visitors don’t press the doorbell button, Door View Cam features a sensor that lets you know when visitors interact with your door, such as if they knock.
– Battery Powered – Door View Cam uses a removable, rechargeable battery located on the inside of the door, so you don’t have to run wires.
– Traditional Door Viewer Functionality – Door View Cam includes a glass viewer so the functionality of the door viewer is not lost.
– Privacy Zones – Allows you to ignore certain zones in front of the doorbell, as well as turn off audio recording, to ensure you only receive the notifications that matter to you.
– Alexa Compatibility – Ask select Alexa-enabled devices to “show me my front door,” and be alerted when motion is detected by Ring Door View Cam in real time. You can also speak with visitors through your Echo Show, Echo Spot and Fire tablets with Alexa (gen 7+) tablets.