When it comes to laser projectors the word portable is seldom used – until now. Epson has just unveiled the EF-100W and EF-100B which measure just 23cm long so you can enjoy the big screen experience on the go.
The projectors use Epson’s long-lasting laser-light technology which is bright enough to be used with the lights on and in the middle of the day.
The Epson EF-100W/EF-100B projectors, which weigh just 2.7kg, can be used to project an image on any surface – a wall, the ceiling and even the floor.
It has the capability to project an image up to 150-inches in size.
The EF-100B is black with copper accents while the EF-100W is white with silver accents. Apart from the colour, both projectors are identical.
Set up takes seconds after users launch the Welcome Guide to take you through the simple steps to get up and running and discover its key features.
One of those features is keystone auto picture adjustment which can square up the image if the beam is hitting the surface on an angle.
The included remote control also makes it easier to navigate the simple user interface.
Users can project content from their mobile devices and computers with a cable as well as stream content from products like Amazon Fire and Google Chromecast.
There are built-in speakers but it’s possible to connect a soundbar or wirelessly link a speaker or headphones via Bluetooth.
There’s also a headphone jack so you can connect cabled headphones as well and enjoy your movie without disturbing anyone.
“The EF-100 is more than just stylish, portable and fun to use. It also offers great functionality for users with its compact size and long-lasting and high-quality laser light source,” said Epson Australia MD Craig Heckenberg.
“So whether you are watching a movie on the ceiling with your kids or enjoying widescreen adventures on the wall of any other room in your house, the EF-100 presents you with an excellent, affordable and creative display solution.”
The Epson EF-100 projectors are available now and are priced at $1,699.
• Stylish finishes (EF-100W white and silver/EF-100B black and copper)
• Compact (WxDxH/mm:210x227x88)
• Lightweight (2.7kg)
• Long-lasting and high-quality (laser light source)
• Vibrant and realistic images even in daylight (3LCD technology, 2,000lm,
2,500,000:1 dynamic contrast, WXGA resolution)
• Big display size (up to 150 inches)
• Project on almost any surface and in any direction (laser light source, vents and power inlet on the side)
• Stress-free set up (welcome guide, automatic keystone correction V +/- 45°, easy to use remote)
• Simple to stream content (1x HDMI 2.0,1x USB for power supply)
• Easy sound options (built-in 5W speaker, Bluetooth audio connectivity, headphone jack)
• Low fan noise (26db / 29db)