D-Link has introduced a new wi-fi security camera – with a difference. The DCS-960L Wide-Eye HD offers a 180-degree panoramic view so it can be placed anywhere to see the whole room.
Most fixed cameras are limited to about 130-degree field of view so there’s a limit to where they can be placed in the room.
That’s not an issue with the D-Link DCS-960L which can be placed anywhere.
And you’re not stuck with a fish-eye looking image. Onboard the device is de-warping technology so you can see the video clearly without distortion.
The camera offers motion and sound detection and can send you push notifications if it hears or sees anything.
The DCS-960L camera has AC wi-fi on board and is easy to set up for a home or office and has automatic day and night vision modes with the ability to configure the product to monitor for motion within a certain area like entranceways and windows.
Users can also set the cameras to detect sound above a certain volume as well.
The D-Link Wide-Eye HD camera is part of the company’s range of mydlink-enabled cameras and can be easily accessed remotely from a smartphone, tablet or PC through the free mydlink app or the mydlink online portal.
And because there’s a 16GB microSD onboard all of the recordings are stored locally and will not require an ongoing subscription or cloud account.
“Previously cameras with this advanced level of technology were reserved only for businesses, however, that’s no longer the case,” D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said.
“D-Link has been pushing the boundaries of home security products as we know both safety and security are increasingly on people’s agendas.
“With that in mind it’s fair to say the DCS-960L Wide Eye HD 180˚ Panoramic Camera is a truly groundbreaking new way to achieve the ultimate surveillance of a room from a single device.”
Here are main features:
• 180 Degree Field of View – Widest angle lens on a fixed consumer camera, ideal for large rooms and areas with multiple entry points
• HD 720p Quality Video – Rich detail and crisp image quality for monitoring your home
• Unique De-Warping Technology – Maximises video quality with less distortion
• Wireless AC – Latest dual-band Wi-Fi technology for better bandwidth and improved range
• Motion and Sound Detection – Push alerts notify you of detected motion or sound
• Local Recording – 16GB MicroSD card for local recording
• Night Vision – See up to five metres in complete darkness with built-in IR LEDs
The D-Link DSC-960L Wide-Eye security camera is priced at $349.95.