D-Link launches new AI-powered smart home security bundle
D-Link has just released a smart security bundle powered by AI to give users a home monitoring solution with the ability to automate and control devices in your home.
The DCS-8331 Smart DIY Security Bundle includes a smart full HD wireless camera with a built-in smart home hub, a smart door and window sensor along with a motion sensor.
Users can set up the system to provide continuous local recording to your NAS (network attached storage) or the cloud.
The D-Link DCS-8331’s smart wi-fi camera also uses AI and Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) detection with a 151-degree field of view of the room in full high definition.
The AI comes in to play to detect only the motion you’d be concerned about rather than just flooding you with notifications.
It even allows users to set and customise individual person detection, multi-zone detection, boundary crossing detection and priority zones so you can see exactly what you want to see.
The sensors can also alert users when doors and windows are open and trigger alerts and notifications.
The motion sensor can also be used as part of the smart security solution to also trigger reactions with the other devices when movement is detected.
For example, if motion is detected it may instruct the camera to begin recording, turn on a light, interact with smart plugs or to send a notification to the user.
The smart motion sensor has two years battery life and is easy to mount anywhere with its adhesive strip.
The door and window sensors have up to three-years battery life and are also compatible with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
“The mydlink Smart DIY Security Bundle takes your Smart Home experience to the next level with devices using AI-based Intelligent Video Analytics and Zigbee connection technology,” says D-Link Australia New Zealand managing director Graeme Reardon.
“This Smart DIY Security Bundle features a Smart Full HD Wi-Fi Camera with Built-in Smart Home Hub that can trigger amazing automations around your home combined with the Smart Motion Sensor as well as the Smart Door and Window Sensor.
“It also works seamlessly with the mydlink app, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.”
The D-Link DCS-8331KT Smart DIY Security Bundle is available now from dlink.com.au and is priced at $299.95 and at in New Zealand at dlink.co.nz for $NZ349.99 and all authorised D-Link resellers, retailers and partners.
Main features of the DCS-8330LH Smart Full HD Wi-Fi Camera with built-in Smart Home Hub include:
– AI-based IVA Motion Detection: Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) for smarter motion detection
– Built-in Smart Home Hub: Connects to mydlink Smart DIY devices
– Smart Home Compatible: Works with mydlink Smart Home devices, Amazon Alexa, and the Google Assistant3
– 151° Viewing Angle: See more of your room at any time
– Premium Full HD Clarity: True Full HD 1080p resolution @ 30 fps with night vision
– Free mydlink app: Manage your camera and interactions with other mydlink devices
Multiple Recording Options –
– ONVIF Profile S: Continuously record video locally to your NAS or NVR to capture every moment
– Cloud Recording: Event recording to the Cloud and view your videos from anywhere
– microSD Card Slot: Record videos to a microSD card up to a capacity of 256GB
The DCH-B112 Smart Door and Window Sensor features:
– Sensor Bypass Button allows you to open doors and windows without triggering an alert
– Tamper detection for greater peace of mind
– Up to 3-year battery life – Battery-powered for unrestricted placement.
– Triggers automations with other mydlink cameras and smart plugs
– Compatible with the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa3
– Connects using Zigbee technology