Belkin unveils new wireless charging dock for iPhone and Apple Watch
The new iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and Apple Watch Series 4 are now available and Belkin has announced a new Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock specially designed for Apple’s new products.
The new dock offers optimised wireless charging of up to 7.5W for the new iPhones which are Qi-enabled and 5W/1A for the new Apple Watch.
This new Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock, which will be available in December, will join the other charging solutions in Belkin’s award-winning portfolio.
The new dock has a modern minimalist look and is easy to set up and position for convenient use.
Also onboard is a USB port to charge a third device and also allows the Apple Watch to be positioned at the optimal angle for Night Stand mode
The Belkin dock will also work with the iPhone X and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus as well as with all Apple Watch models.
“The Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock is highly engineered for function and designed for aesthetic and beauty,” said Oliver Seil, vice president of design at Belkin.
“From the outside you see a beautiful piece of hardware, on the inside is a complex charging system that allows you to wirelessly charge your iPhone and Apple Watch at the same time.
“The beauty of Belkin products is that people don’t need to think about the complexity of the technology, the technology simply works and works beautifully.”
The Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock will be available in December in time for Christmas. Pricing has yet to be determined.
Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock specs:
- Optimised wireless charging up to 7.5W for Qi-enabled device and at 5W/1A for Apple Watch; Additional USB-A port charges third device up to 5W/1A
- Supports Nightstand mode for Apple Watch at optimal viewing angle
- Ability to charge through most phone cases up to 3mm thick
- 45W AC adapter included for instant setup
- Qi-certification, MFi-certification, Connected Equipment Warranty and 3-year warranty for added peace of mind