Arlo, one of the leading brands for internet connected cameras, has today unveiled its new Arlo Essential Wirefree Video Doorbell which extends the same security and peace of mind to your front door.
The new device offers the same award-winning features of the popular Arlo Wired Video Doorbell but in an easy-to-install wire-free design that is battery powered.
The Arlo Essential Wirefree Video Doorbell offers a wider angle than conventional video doorbells so users can enjoy a 180-degree viewing angle with the square 1:1 aspect ratio so you can see your visitor from head to toe and if there are any packages on the ground.
When a visitor presses the button on the Arlo Essential Wirefree Video Doorbell it triggers a direct to mobile video call with clear two way audio and no delay.
Unlike other devices which require multiple steps to view and respond to your visitor, the Arlo Essential Wirefree Video Doorbell connects users instantly So they can not only see who’s at their door but talk to them in real time as well.
Users can even reply with pre-recorded quick reply messages.
The unit can connect directly to your home’s wi-fi and is powered by a rechargeable battery or can be hard wired for continuous charging.
The Arlo Essential Wirefree Video Doorbell also has motion detection and alerts and captures vivid detail in dark and bright areas with HDR (high dynamic range).
It also has night vision and includes a built in smart siren which can be set to work automatically or manually from the Arlo app.
“In today’s world, having a smart video doorbell at your front door is more valuable than ever,” said Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director APAC.
“Unlike other video doorbells that can lag in response time, our new Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell leverages the latest hardware and software advancements for swift, comprehensive monitoring. Industry-leading picture and audio quality combined with our AI-based subscription service, Arlo Smart, enable complete front door protection.
Users can receive smart notifications and secure, simple access via the Arlo App, allowing them to quickly and easily live stream or respond to guests.”
Features of the all-new Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell include:
– 180° Viewing Angle: Optimised for the front door with a 1:1 aspect ratio so you can see a person from head to toe or a package on the ground
– Direct-to-Mobile Video Call: Calls your phone directly so you never miss a visitor
– Multiple Powering Options: Install without wires using the rechargeable battery1, or hardwire to existing wiring for continuous charging2
– Motion Detection and Alerts: Receive alerts when motion is detected
– Angle Mount: Easily adjust viewing angle to fully and clearly see visitors
– 2-Way Audio: Hear what matters with clear, noise-cancelling audio
– More Ways to Answer: Quick Reply Messages enable users to play pre-recorded messages for instant response to guests
– Visitor Messaging: Guests can leave you a voice message if you’re unable to answer the door, and you can listen remotely at your convenience
– HD Video with HDR: Capture vivid detail in bright and dark areas with HDR
– Night Vision: See who’s at your door at night, even without a light on
– Weather Resistant: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun
– Platform Compatibility: Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation, and control
– Direct to WiFi: Connects directly to wi-fi for simple setup allowing it to function as a
standalone home security solution without the need for a separate base station
– Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren automatically or manually from the Arlo app during an event
– Silent Mode: Temporarily disable incoming calls, Arlo Chime melodies, and/or traditional chime rings
– Notifications that Matter: Get alerts when your Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell spots people, vehicles, animals or a package with Arlo Smart via an included three- month trial with rolling 30-day cloud recordings.
The purchase of the Arlo Essential Wirefree Video Doorbell comes with a complimentary three month trial of Arlo’s AI subscription based service Arlo Smart where users receive access to 30 days of rolling high definition video recordings to store and view.
This service allows subscribers to fully customise their experience and receive notifications based on the cameras spotting people vehicles animals or packages.
The Arlo Essential Wirefree Video Doorbell Will go on sale in mid-December and will be priced at $329.