Epson has launched a range of professional-grade desktop photo printers – the A3+ SureColor P706 and A2+ SureColor P906 – which incorporate more than 20 years of the company’s large format printing technology.
These new printers have a sleek and compact design and are the smallest professional A3+ and A2+ printers in their class.
In fact, they are 30 per cent smaller than Epson’s previous generation of photo printers and are ideal for photographers, graphic designers, fine art and illustration businesses.
The printers include a 4.3-inch customisable touchscreen display and upgraded wireless connectivity including 5Ghz.
Under the hood is a new 10-channel MicroPiezo printhead with dedicated channels for both Photo and Matte Black ink types and with no ink switching necessary.
The Epson P706 and P906 printers feature new Ultra Chrome Pro10 pigment ink with Violet to deliver a wider colour gamut with support for Advanced Black and White mode to produce professional results.
There is also an interior LED light to users can watch the progress of their printout.
For the first time, users will be able to print directly from iPhones and iPads to the P706 and P906 via a mobile version of the Epson Print Layout software with full support and colour management tools.
The SureColor P706 can handle both roll and cut sheet media while the P906 has a fully enclosed roll media adaptor for both 2-inch and 3-inch rolls and roll printing up to 18m long.
If you’re a photographer that wants to faithfully reproduce their work, these Epson printers offers exhibition quality prints from the convenience of a desktop.
The Epson SureColor P706 and P906 will be available from July and will be priced at $1,295 and $1,995 respectively.
Epson SureColor P706 and P906 features:
– Outstanding image quality and colour — All-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide colour gamut for vibrant and rich colours
– No Photo and Matte Black ink switching — Dedicated channels for both black ink types with no switching needed
– New 10-channel MicroPiezo printhead — Consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy; supports variable size droplet technology as small as 1.5-picoliters for remarkable output quality
– Easy printing from smart devices — Print colour-managed files directly from an iOS device2 with an easy-to-use interface
– New Carbon Black Driver technology — All-new Carbon Black Driver mode dramatically increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers
– Professional media handling — Accommodates rolls and sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick of Epson Professional and Signature Worthy as well as third-party media
– Easy to use — Features 4.3-inch customisable touchscreen, wireless connectivity and interior LED light
– Compact design — 30 percent smaller than the previous generation
– Industry-leading print permanence — UltraChrome PRO10 ink is expected to create prints that last up to 200 years for colour and 400 years for black-and-white