Rode has released its very latest wireless wearable microphone – the Wireless ME – a versatile new system that works with cameras, computers, iPhones and Android devices.
The Australian company has also released the free Rode Capture app for iOS to make it even easier create content on the go.
RODE WIRELESS ME
The Rode Wireless ME has a similar ultra-compact form factor as the popular Wireless GO and Wireless GO II which offered easy set-up and connection and broadcast quality audio.
The new Wireless ME makes that technology and quality even more accessible for users whether they are using a smartphone, camera or computer to capture their content.
The Wireless ME utilises Rode’s Series IV 2.4Ghz digital transmission and near zero latency for crystal recording at a range of up to 100m.
And, like the similar Rode products, the Wireless ME has a microphone built into the receiver.
You can also plug in a lapel microphone like Rode’s Lavalier GO.
Wireless ME has a narrator microphone built into the receiver unit which means users can record audio from in front and behind the camera – ideal for interviews and creating voice overs for video content.
It’s also possible to connect a second Wireless ME or Wireless GO II transmitter to the receiver for dual channel recording or to create a three-microphone system.
Under the hood is Rode’s GainAssist technology which can automatically control audio levels using an algorithm and take that extra worry out of the user’s hands.
There are two recording modes – Auto and Dynamic – which give users the choice to suit their setting.
Wireless ME comes with all the cables required to use with an iPhone, Android smartphone, camera and computer.
RODE CAPTURE APP (iOS)
Rode Capture is a new and free video app for iOS that gives creators more options to shoot video content for social media platforms like TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
And you not only get more options on the video side, but you can also take control over your audio as well with direct in-app control of Rode products like Wireless ME, Wireless GO II and VideoMic GO II.
This offers even higher quality audio with the ability to adjust levels and modify settings for different recording scenarios.
Rode Capture also lets you set video quality frame rate and includes a Dual Cam mode so you can record from the front and rear cameras at the same time.
Users can choose to have the video in split screen mode or picture in picture.
This feature also works seamlessly with the Wireless ME in-built transmitter and receiver microphones to capture audio in front and behind the camera.
The Rode Wireless ME is available now and is priced at $239.
KEY FEATURES OF THE WIRELESS ME
- Ultra-compact and easy-to-use wireless microphone system
- RØDE’s state-of-the-art Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission for crystal-clear recording with over 100m range
- Intelligent GainAssist technology automatically controls audio levels for perfectly clear sound in any application
- Broadcast-grade microphones built into both the transmitter and receiver for versatile dual-channel recording
- Ability to connect an additional transmitter for capturing three microphones simultaneously
- Connects seamlessly to cameras, smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android), and computers (Mac and Windows) with all required cables included
- Easy control over settings via RØDE Central; compatible with RØDE Connect, RØDE Reporter and the new RØDE Capture app
- Designed and made in RØDE’s precision facilities in Sydney, Australia