Apple Music has updated its popular Kids & Family feature with dozens of new curated playlists along with fresh and vibrant new artwork to make it easier to get to the music that the whole family will enjoy.
Whether you’re in the car or keeping the kids entertained at home, managing bath time or organising a playdate, Apple Music Kids & Family allow you to enjoy thousands of songs that range from educational to motivational.
The new playlists include Kids Fit Fun, Playdate Fun and ABC Fun along with Pow! which is full of super hero songs, Princess Power for princess songs with messages of empowerment and even a classical music playlist your kids will love.
The flavour of children’s music has evolved so parents and kids can now enjoy lots of the same music.
Gone are the days when kids music was classed as lullabies and nursery rhymes.
Children’s music has taken a dramatic shift and is one of the fastest growing genres on Apple Music.
It has also become a handy tool for parents during the COVID pandemic with teams of experts updating playlists on a daily basis by music experts.
Users can stream Apple Music on their iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, CarPlay, iPod, Mac and Apple TV.
How to find the ‘Kids & Family’ page on Apple Music
— Open Apple Music
— Select ‘Browse’ from the bottom menu
— Scroll down to ‘More to Explore’
— Select ‘Categories’
— Select ‘Kids & Family’
Parental control is important and Apple Music is also among the applications that can controlled to restrict explicit content. Users can adjust the content and privacy restriction settings in Screen Time.
Here’s how you do it:
To restrict explicit content and content ratings:
– Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
– Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, then tap Content Restrictions.
– Choose the settings you want for each feature or setting under Allowed Store Content.
Here are the types of content that you can restrict:
– Ratings For: Select the country or region in the ratings section to automatically apply the appropriate content ratings for that region
– Music, Podcasts & News: Prevent the playback of music, music videos, podcasts and news containing explicit content
– Music Profiles & Posts: Prevent sharing what you’re listening to with friends and seeing what they’re listening to
– Movies: Prevent movies with specific ratings
– TV shows: Prevent TV shows with specific ratings
– Books: Prevent content with specific ratings
– Apps: Prevent apps with specific ratings