The latest tvOS 15 software for Apple TV 4K is now available in the Apple Public Beta Program so you can enjoy the latest features and improvements today.
tvOS 15 was unveiled at Apple’s recent Worldwide Developers with the following features:
– Spatial audio support for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max on Apple TV 4K. Private listening becomes even more immersive when using AirPods Pro and AirPods Max.
– HomeKit camera enhancements on Apple TV. When viewing a HomeKit camera, customers can control nearby accessories, such as turning on the outdoor lights. In addition, customers can display multiple cameras simultaneously on the TV screen for a more complete view.
– Package detection with HomeKit Secure Video. HomeKit Secure Video uses the on-device intelligence of Apple TV and HomePod to now analyse the video to detect package deliveries.
– Redesigned Home app on Apple Watch. The redesigned Home app in watchOS 8 offers more convenient access to accessories and scenes needed in a particular moment and the ability to control accessories by room. Users with a HomeKit-enabled camera can view who is at the door directly on their wrist.
– Simplified sign in and purchase with iPhone. Customers can use Face ID or Touch ID on their iPhone or iPad to authorise purchases or sign into apps on Apple TV, eliminating the need to enter their Apple ID or app credentials on-screen.
To install the tvOS 15 Beta – you need to sign in to the Apple Beta Software Program page and then sign in to your Apple TV with the same Apple ID you used to register on the beta page.
On your Apple TV go to Settings > System > Software Updates and turn on Get Beta Updates and follow the onscreen instructions to finalise the enrolment.
The Apple TV will now download the update and you can go to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software if you haven’t already turned on Automatic Update.
To submit feedback on the beta you will need the Feedback Assistant app which is available on the iOS public beta.