Arlo, one of the leading connected wireless camera brands, has announced an update to its award-winning Pro range of security cameras and it’s called the Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera.
The new Arlo Pro 4 cameras have advanced 2.5K HDR (high dynamic range) and an integrated spotlight which can be utilised for colour night vision and a 160-degree field of view that delivers clear video day and night.
The Arlo Pro 4 cameras can connect directly to your home wi-fi network for an even DIY set-up as a standalone system or to be integrated into an existing Arlo ecosystem with base station.
Arlo also offers the Arlo Smart subscription-based service which complements the Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Cameras.
Anyone purchasing the Arlo Pro 4 will receive a complimentary three-month Arlo Smart subscription which offers 30 days rolling cloud storage of 2K HD video along with smart notifications that can distinguish between people, animals, vehicles and packages.
“Our industry-leading products are designed to deliver peace of mind without compromise,” said Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director APAC.
“The new Pro 4 features improved connectivity allowing for direct to Wi-Fi installation without the need of a Base Station or SmartHub while existing Arlo users still have the opportunity to add the new cameras to their current system.
“With Pro 4 we want to offer consumers the option to choose the installation method most suitable for their needs.
“Couple this feature with customised Arlo Smart notifications via the Arlo app and we enable users to confidently monitor and manage their security.”
The Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera starts at a $369 for a Pro 4 single cam, $699 for a two-camera kit and $1,299 for a four-camera kit.
They will be available from electrical retailers nationally in March 2021.
Features of the Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera include:
– 2K Video with HDR: See a crystal-clear picture in every detail through Arlo Pro 4’s high-performance lenses
– 160-Degree Viewing Angle: See a wide field of view to keep an eye on what matters most
– Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests with an integrated spotlight
– Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren remotely or automatically during an event
– Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking with colour night vision allowing you to see video in colour rather than traditional black and white
– Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal clear, full two-way audio that reduces wind and noise
– Direct to Wi-Fi: Connects directly to Wi-Fi for simple setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate Base Station
– Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant: Wire-free setup and a magnetic mount enables easy installation, while a weather-resistant design allows Pro 4 to be placed indoors and outdoors
– Rechargeable Battery: Rechargeable, removable battery lasts up to six months on one charge
– Magnetic Charging Cable: Quickly charge camera and easily snap connecting cable into place
– Platform Compatibility: Works with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
– SmartHub/Base Station Optional: Enable local storage recording, cross-trigger other cameras in the ecosystem and enhance camera range and battery life by connecting a compatible Arlo SmartHub or Base Station (VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000)