Arlo unveils affordable addition to its ecosystem – the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
Arlo has announced its latest addition to the family of wireless security cameras – the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera – a more affordable device that’s still packed with features.
Arlo Essential is aimed at the customer who wants to dip their toe in the water and enter the Arlo ecosystem or add to their existing Arlo system.
Priced at $229 for a single camera or $429 for a set of two cameras, the Arlo Essential Spotlight offers full HD 1080p video as well as two way audio, and integrated spotlight with colour night vision and motion detection alerts.
“The Essential Spotlight Camera is a simple, plug and play solution that delivers families peace of mind by keeping an eye on what’s happening in and around home,” said Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director APAC.
“Essential cameras are easy to use, affordable and packed with powerful security features including a bright spotlight, built in siren, and 2-way audio.
“Echoing the same premium design of our other camera solutions, the Essential Spotlight Camera fits in anywhere, and can be coupled with Arlo’s Smart AI computer vision technology which filters unnecessary alerts and also works with other Arlo cameras, doorbells and Floodlight to create the perfect security solution.”
The Arlo Essential camera is weatherproof so it can be used inside or out and has a built-in rechargeable battery that can be charged with a USB cable after taking camera off the mount (it doesn’t have a removeable battery) or by attaching a compatible solar panel which will be available in the coming weeks.
And Arlo Essential can connect directly to your home’s wi-fi network without the need for the Arlo SmartHub basestation.
But for existing Arlo customers who have the base station, the Arlo Essential can be added.
With the purchase of the Arlo Essential Spotlight camera, customers will also receive a free three-month trial of Arlo’s AI subscription-based service Arlo Smart which offers access to the last 30 days of video recordings.
Users can also receive specific notifications when the cameras detect people, vehicles, animals and parcels.
The Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera ($229 for one, $429 for two) will be available from leading retailers from late August.
Stay tuned to Tech Guide for a complete review of the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera in the coming weeks.
ARLO ESSENTIAL SPOTLIGHT CAMERA
– Integrated Spotlight: Let’s you see what’s lurking in the dark with a bright spotlight to illuminate the area of activity. Spotlight can be motion activated or manually turned on.
– 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors clearly with superior audio quality
– Built-in Siren: Siren can be triggered automatically or manually from the app
– Colour Night Vision: See colour videos instead of traditional black and white pictures
– Full High Definition Camera: Capture clear details in full high definition with the ability to
record video in 1080p
– Weather-Resistant: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun and can be used
indoors or outdoors
– Motion Detection and Alerts: Alerts sent directly to your phone when motion is detected
– Rechargeable Battery: Convenient and long-lasting battery to take the expense out of security
– Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control