If you love reading books you’ve probably already got a Kindle e-reader and may have already subscribed to Kindle Unlimited service but the service has now been updated to include audio books – at no extra cost.
Amazon has announced customers can now enjoy listening to books from Audible audiobooks (which is also an Amazon company) as part of their Kindle Unlimited subscription which will remain at the $13.99 monthly price.
Kindle Unlimited already provides customers with access to more than a million books including short reads and Kindle exclusives.
And now there is unlimited listening to thousands of audiobooks including some of the biggest and most popular titles.
Back in 2012, Audible launched the Whispersync for Voice feature. This allows users to switch between listening and reading a book without losing your place.
This means if you’re reading a book on the Kindle at home, you can pick up the audio version when you leave home and jump in the car and resume right where you left off.
Now readers can seamlessly switch between reading the book and then listening to that same book with Kindle Unlimited.
And you don’t even need a Kindle to access your Kindle Unlimited account. You can also sign in on other devices like smartphones, tablets and computers.
“We think that Australian readers will love the convenience of switching from reading to listening on the go,” said David Naggar, vice-president Kindle.
“Kindle Unlimited means that readers can access over one million books and thousands of audiobooks for less than the cost of a best-selling paperback.”
Users can sign up to Kindle Unlimited and enjoy a 30-day free trial.
Kindle Unlimited features:
– Unlimited listening: Keep the story going with unlimited access to thousands of audiobooks from Audible with Whispersync for Voice, and switch seamlessly between reading and listening to customer favourites across genres. Enjoy bestselling fiction including crime titles such as Because She Loves Me, The Butterfly Garden and No Coming Back, romance titles such as The Moonlit Garden, sci-fi titles such as The Last Girl, classics such as The Turn of the Screw narrated by Emma Thompson and Jane Eyre narrated by Thandie Newton, and non-fiction such as Rough Riders and The Works of Edgar Allan Poe.
– Unlimited reading: Enjoy more than one million books, including The Dressmaker, The Luminaries, Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Enigma, Slaughterhouse-Five and The Detective’s Daughter and tens of thousands of titles from Australian authors such as Tea Cooper, Colleen McCullough, David Malouf and Tess McCallum. Since Kindle Unlimited launched in November 2016, tens of thousands of books have been added including bestselling titles such as Maestra, Under The Skin, Stasi Child, Fear of Dying and Karl Pilkington’s The Moaning of Life.
– Kindle exclusives: Choose from over a million books only found on Kindle, including new releases and Kindle bestsellers such as Torn Trousers by Andrew St. Pierre White, Sleep Tight by Rachel Abbott, The Silent Lady by Catherine Cookson, Letters from Malta by Mary Rensten, The Dead Series by Helen Durrant, The Female Eunuch by Germaine Greer, the A Shade of Vampireseries by Bella Forrest, and Follow You Home by Mark Edwards.
– Short Reads: For a quick escape, select from hundreds of books that are 100 pages or fewer, including Kindle Singles from John le Carre, Stephen King, Carol Drinkwater, Susan Hill, Linda Grant, Andrew Taylor and Howard Jacobson.
– Popular Kindle features: Enjoy all the great Kindle features customers love such as Whispersync, Popular Highlights, X-Ray, Page Flip and customer reviews.
– Read and listen everywhere: Access across Kindle devices and free Kindle reading apps for iPhone, iPad, Android tablets and phones, PC, Mac and Windows 8—so you always have your library with you and never lose your place.