The Dick Smith brand – purchased by online retailer Kogan.com – has been relaunched with an all-new website that is already open for business for customers a month earlier than expected.
Kogan.com have built the new retail site in less than two months after acquiring the Dick Smith online business in March with a launch date planned for June.
But Kogan’s team managed to build a fully responsive online platform in less than two months to allow customers to shop on the site from their computer or mobile device.
The site has a clean and uncluttered design and leverages the existing operations and logistics platform of the successful Kogan.com business.
This comes from 10 years of online retailing experience, product development and customer service excellence.
Naturally there are lot of similarities between the Dick Smith site and Kogan.com with links and menus that make it easy to drill down to the product you’re looking for.
From the outset, customers who shop at dicksmith.com.au will find:
* 5,500+ products offered at leading prices, including a full range of the latest smartphones (Samsung, Apple, Kogan), cameras (Canon, Nikon, Swann), tablets (iPads, Android), home appliances (Breville, Bissell, Kogan) and more
* 1,800+ products with Fast Dispatch
* A returns policy applies for all purchases from May 4 onwards, and all products sold from May 4 onwards come with comprehensive warranty backed by Kogan.com
* A 14 Day Money back guarantee on exclusive brands
* An experienced customer service team with a average response time of under one business hour
“The new and improved dicksmith.com.au is open for business, and it’s better than ever,” says Kogan.com and dicksmith.com.au executive director David Schafer.
“The efficiency with which we have been able to relaunch Dick Smith is the same efficiency that will see us delivery product and price leadership into the future.
“We are extremely proud of the speed with which we were able to relaunch the Dick Smith online business, with a leading website, product range, and back-end systems to power the operation.
“All orders from today onwards come with the full backing of the Kogan.com business, and are supported by our first class Australian customer service team.
“Dick Smith’s recent history has been disappointing for many Australians, but for millions of us, it is an iconic brand we all know and love.
“We will work hard to restore the faith Australians have put in the Dick Smith brand for almost 50 years.
“Our digital efficiency will help to make the latest products more affordable at Dick Smith, and rebuild the legacy of the brand as a leading destination for the latest technology.”