Arlo – the company behind the market leading smart wireless security cameras – has announced a new Video Doorbell with an industry-leading vertical field of view to get a more precise view of your front porch.
The Arlo Video Doorbell captures footage in a square aspect ratio to allow full view of visitors from head to toe.
This wider 180-degree diagonal field of view will also allow users to see if there are any packages on the ground as well.
And unlike other doorbell cameras, the Arlo Video Doorbell delivers a direct to mobile video call.
Users can connect to visitors instantly from anywhere unlike other brands where the time between notification and response can be so long you will may miss whoever is it at your front door.
It’s also possible to respond with a pre-recorded message for an even faster reply.
Arlo Video Doorbell can also deliver personalised alerts to detect when people, packages, vehicles and animals are detected.
The Arlo Video Doorbell can be connected to an existing mechanical or digital time for even easier installation and continuous power.
“Arlo Video Doorbell has been engineered to have advance alert and picture quality features in order to help homeowners identify and engage with visitors even before they knock on the door,” said Brad Little, Vice President of Sales APAC.
“We went beyond industry standards to create a solution that ensures visitors are never missed, with a fuller vertical field-of-view users are able to see more from their front door.”
Customers who purchase the Arlo Video Doorbell will receive a complimentary three month trial to Arlo’s AI subscription-based service Arlo Smart with access to rolling 30 days of cloud recordings to store and view video clips.
Pricing and launch details are yet to be announced.
Arlo Video Doorbell features:
– Optimised front entry view – industry-leading vertical field-of-view with an optimised 1:1 aspect ratio
– Motion detection and alerts – receive alerts when motion is detected
– Video call – calls your phone directly so you never miss a visitor
– Quick reply messages – pre-recorded messages to quickly reply to visitors
– Night vision – see who’s at your door at night, even without a light on
– HD video – capture vivid detail in bright and dark areas with HDR
– Zoom – zoom in on a subject while on a live video call
– Silent mode – disables push notifications and silences chime
– Weather-resistant design – designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun
– Tamper detection – siren can be triggered if someone attempts to remove the doorbell