Samsung has just released its new Galaxy Tab Active 3 – a ruggedized tablet that’s designed to meet the demands of today’s mobile workforce thanks to a rugged yet compact design.
The device has been built to enhance the performance and productivity for field-based employees and includes a number of new features to help professionals like first responders to complete their tasks and work safely in challenging environments and conditions.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 is MIL-STD-810H certified to handle the world’s toughest conditions.
The unit can withstand drops of up to 1.5m thanks to an included protective cover and it is also IP68-rated dustproof and water resistant to ensure it will keep performing even while working in unpredictable outdoor environments.
The Galaxy Tab Active 3 has an 8 inch WUXGA full high-definition TFT LCD display and is powered by the Samsung Exynos 9810 octa-core processor.
Under the hood is 4GB RAM and up to 128GB of internal storage which can be expanded by up to 1TB with a micro SD card.
On the camera side, the Samsung Galaxy Tab active 3 has a 13-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera.
“This year, we have seen the lines between work and home come closer than ever. Businesses are looking for more flexible and agile ways of working, so we are doubling down in our commitment to bringing mobility solutions that help businesses meet their goals at any time, from anywhere,” says Danny Mandrides, head of enterprise and government, IT and Mobile, Samsung Electronics Australia.
“We are proud to further expand our portfolio of business ready mobility solutions by launching the new Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 in Australia.
“The Tab Active3 is a ruggedised tablet designed to empower businesses to have a workforce that is both mobile and resilient – whether in the office or out in the field.
“Built for a range of tough environments, the Tab Active3 comes with a water and dust resistant S Pen and Touch Sensitivity capabilities so it can be used while wearing gloves.”
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 also has Wi-Fi 6 compatibility with MIMI (multiple in – multiple out) to deliver high speed wi-fi connectivity and faster data transfer speeds.
It can also connect to 4G cellular networks with a SIM card so users can stay constantly connected on the go.
Also on board is a long-lasting and replaceable 5050mAh battery which also supports fast charging through USB and pogo pins.
This means users will spend less time plugged in and more time working on the task at hand.
The device also supports no battery mode for power without a battery for those businesses that will use the tablet in a fixed location like a kiosk.
The Tab Active 3 also includes Samsung DeX to allow users to work at a desktop simply by plugging in the tablet to a monitor whether they’re in the office or in the field and then taking their work with them without leaving any data behind.
On the security side the Tab Active 3 is also protected by Samsung Knox, a defence-grade security platform and will also receive regular Android security updates.
IT administrators are able to manage programmes and apps on the device through Samsung Knox so they can have complete control over their mobile fleet and allow their employees to focus on the task at hand.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 features:
– Capture Everything: The 13MP rear camera provides perfect clarity for both taking pictures or scanning detailed documents and the 5MP front camera is ideally suited to video or conference calls.
– Augmented Reality: Google ARCore is now supported and enables new augmented reality services, such as remote training.
– Quick Access: The Active Key on the side of the device allows instant access to the apps or programs used most often; great for emergency calls, scanning or Push to Talk6 and so much more.
– Retail Ready: Galaxy Tab Active3 is optimized for camera-based barcode scanning to help retailers easily manage inventory and scan products for purchase.7 The Tab Active3 also supports NFC with EMV Level 1 for payment.8
– Touch Sensitivity: When turned on in the settings, Touch Sensitivity allows professionals to continue using the Tab Active3 while wearing gloves.9 No more time spent taking gloves on and off.
– IP68 Certified S Pen: Perfect for signature capture and managing complex documents in gloved environments, the S-Pen is also water and dust resistant.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 is priced at $849 (64GB, wi-fi + 4G) and $949 (128GB, wi-fi + 4G).
It will be available from www.samsung.com/au/business and select telco and IT distribution and reseller partners.