Drones of all shapes, sizes and prices will be a popular Christmas gift this year but one model – the GhostDrone 2.0 VR – combines ease-of-use with virtual reality and high quality imagery.
Distributed by RIISE in Australia, the GhostDrone 2.0 VR is manufactured by EHang and offers a new flying experience that can be enjoyed by more than one person.
The drone is controlled through an intuitive smartphone app that works on iPhone and Android with 10 different easy-to-control flight modes.
Also included is a virtual reality headset so a person not in control of the drone can experience a first person view of the drone’s 4K spherical camera and even control where the camera looks just by moving their head.
These VR goggles create an immersive experience so you are seeing precisely what the drone sees in real time with zero latency.
EHang’s GhostDrone 2.0 VR weights 1.15kg and is 19.5cm tall with a flight time per battery of 25 minutes.
It is aimed at the customer who may not have ever flown a drone before and has been intimidated by the complexity of other more expensive models.
With this device, a user can enjoy the simple and autonomous flight system so they can easily take stunning aerial shots and shoot breathtaking video.
EHang is so confident of the GhostDrone 2.0 VR’s easy flying ability, it comes with an industry first “you crash it – we fix it” policy that covers up to three crashes.
The GhostDrone 2.0 VR has a 4K camera that’s stablilised with a built-in gimbal so all of your images and videos are shake and blur free.
“The GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR provides Aussie consumers with a truly-one-of-a- kind immersive flying experience,” said Nick Segger of RIISE.
“It is accessible, fun and super easy to control entirely by smartphone. Whether you’re off on a family adventure these school holidays, filming your kid’s sports, or picnic-ing in the park, the GhostDrone 2.0 VR allows you to capture amazing moments with crystal clarity, and from an entirely new perspective.”
The GhostDrone 2.0 control app can be used by both beginners and enthusiasts and has numerous flight modes including:
– Touch to Go – using your smart device simply point to the place on the map you wish GhostDrone 2.0 to fly to and it will head to that destination.
– WayPoints – using the Ehang map in the app select a number of different WayPoints, hit GO and GhostDrone 2.0 will fly that route.
– Avatar Mode – GhostDrone 2.0 will mimic its flight as you move your mobile phone. Tilt forward, GhostDrone 2.0 moves forward. Rotate your phone, GhostDrone 2.0 turns. Easy for anyone.
– SmartShots – GhostDrone 2.0 offers many features to allow you to get the best videos and photos of what’s important to you. Some of these features include:
– Vertical Lift – GhostDrone 2.0 will fly up vertically to a predetermined height to allow you to get a bird’s eye view of your surroundings.
– Drone Selfie – GhostDrone 2.0 will hover in front of you and take a photograph of you and your friends.
– Orbit – Set a location on your map and GhostDrone 2.0 will fly around this position recording crisp 4K video.
– Companion mode – Want to take GhostDrone 2.0 with you as you move along? Not a problem, hit Companion mode and GhostDrone will follow you along
– Side track – Your GhostDrone 2.0 will automatically track alongside you to get you beautiful 4K video as you move along.
The EHang GhostDrone 2.0 VR is available online only from ehangdrones.com.au and is priced at $1,199.
Additional VR headsets and batteries to extend your flight times are also available.
Stay tuned to Tech Guide for a complete review of the GhostDrone 2.0 VR in the coming weeks.