DJI, the company the brings you some of best drones in the world and also make some of the best camera gimbals and has just released the Osmo Mobile 3 – a portable and foldable mobile phone stabiliser.
DJI has a solid legacy in creating gimbals which are used on the ground and in the air and have taken that technology and included it in the travel friendly Osmo Mobile 3.
It is a lightweight companion which can go with you anywhere to capture ultra-steady video footage through your smartphone.
Because it can fold down to quite a small size, the Osmo Mobile 3 can go with you anywhere.
It reimagines the whole Osmo concept with the new design along with locking mechanisms that make it easy to quickly unfold, mount a mobile phone and pack it away again.
The device has 15 hours of battery life so you’ll never miss a moment.
Osmo Mobile 3 is easy to use with just one hand and it locates all the buttons conveniently on the handle so you can control the gimbal’s movement and access the features with ease.
Quick Roll can easily rotate the orientation of the phone from portrait to landscape mode without the need to take the device from the mount.
Part of the redesigned form factor was to also open up access for easy charging and to keep the audio ports clear in case you want to connect an external mic or recharge the phone.
The trigger helps move the gimbal and lock the orientation and also makes it easy to rotate in case you need to take selfies or film yourself.
Also on board is ActiveTrack which can be activated by tapping the trigger once so the Osmo Mobile 3 can track a subject and keeping it in the centre of the frame.
There is also a dedicated Zoom slider so you can zoom in and out without having to touch the screen of the mobile device.
Other features include:
– Story Mode: Bring creative editing to your video with a host of preset music, video transitions, and filters. Choose one of 13 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you. After shooting, Mimo automatically generates your very own professionally edited short video, ready to be shared.
– Gesture Control: Easily snap a selfie without pressing any buttons. Once Gesture Control is enabled, show a “peace sign” or put up your palm and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin a photo timer countdown.
– Sport Mode: Similar to the useful feature from the DJI Ronin series, Sport mode increases the response speed of the device to keep up when shooting fast-moving scenes.
– ActiveTrack 3.0: DJI’s image recognition and deep learning algorithms allow Osmo Mobile 3 to recognize and follow subjects of your choice, perfect for capturing family moments easily with a tap.
– TimeLapse & MotionLapse: If you’re looking to turn minutes into seconds, Timelapse is perfect for capturing unique content with the effect of the world moving faster around you, while Motionlapse adds the dynamic element of movement to your Timelapse by setting points for the camera to move to.
– HyperLapse: Take the appealing visuals from Timelapse and add movement by manually moving Osmo Mobile 3 with you. HyperLapse not only supports real-time Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) but also ActiveTrack 3.0.
– Panorama: Get a wider perspective with panorama mode. Users can choose between 3×3 and 180° panorama modes.
– Slow Motion: Slow down the world around you with 4X or 8X Slow Motion.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is available in two packages – $159 for the standard version which includes the gimbal, a wrist strap and storage pouch or $189 for everything that comes with the standard version along with the Osmo grip tripod and Osmo carrying case.