Nespresso launches compact Vertuo POP machine to produce your favourite brews
Nespresso has launched the new Vertuo POP – the most compact and affordable Vertuo machine ever produced – and have also added a range of six colours to make them stand out in your home.
Tech Guide has been using the Nespresso Vertuo POP for a few days and found it has quite a small footprint so it can fit in any space.
It measures just 13.6cm wide, 42.6cm long and 25cm tall.
It also offers the typical ease of use so you can produce café quality cappuccinos, lattes, flat whites and long blacks in a matter of minutes.
The six new colours include Spicy Red, Mango Yellow, Aqua Mint, Pacific Blue, Liquorice Black and Coconut White.
Nespresso says releasing its more affordable machine will resonate with customers when you consider 63 per cent of Australian coffee drinkers are making their coffee at home to save money.
“We know Australian coffee lovers are feeling the pinch, with the cost of living on the rise,” Nespresso’sBusiness Executive Officer – General Manager, Jean-Marc Dragoli.
“The new Vertuo POP offers an elegant solution for those seeking cafe-quality coffee at home and in a more compact style.
“The sleek design and bright colours, will elevate any kitchen or workspace, no matter the size.”
Setting up the machine takes minutes and it can also be pair via wi-fi to the Nespresso companion app.
The app can tell when you need to top up water levels, order new capsules as well as getting help with machine maintenance like descaling and rinsing.
And because the machine is connected to your wi-fi it will also update automatically when new firmware is available.
Despite the machine’s small size, it can still produce four cup sizes and pair with the Nespresso Aeroccino3 milk frother so you can create your favourite brew.
– Mug (230mL) – a long cup to be complemented with a dash of milk
– Gran Lungo (150mL) – the perfect at-home long black
– Double Espresso (80mL) – can be paired with milk to make a double-shot latte, flat white or cappuccino.
– Espresso (40mL), the classic espresso, and pairs perfectly with the milk to make a small cappuccino.
At the heart of the Vertuo machine is the Nespresso CENTRIFUSION technology which scans the barcode found on each capsule so it can adjust the settings to suit the coffee blend including water, temperature, speed and flow time.
The new Vertuo Pop machine includes a new feature called Expert Mode which allows users to make any Vertuo into a double shot, single shot or ristretto with two presses of the button.
For 91 per cent of Australian coffee drinkers – they add milk to their coffee so Expert Mode does expand the choices.
With Expert Mode:
– Mug range becomes a double espresso for strong flat whites
– Gran Lungo range becomes a single shot, perfect for a flavourful cappuccino
– Double espressos can be enjoyed as a single shot
– Espressos can turn into Italian style ristrettos
The Nespresso Vertuo POP is priced at $229 or $319 when partnered with an Aeroccino3 milk frother.
Product facts & specifications:
– 136 x 426 x 250 mm
– 220-240V, 50Hz, 1260W
– Bluetooth smart technology and WI-FI Connectivity
– Simple one-touch brewing
– NEW Expert Mode
– Energy saving: auto-off at two minutes and an A+ energy rating
– 30 seconds heat up time
– The most compact Vertuo machine made from 35% recycled plastics