The highly-anticipated Disney+ streaming service kicks off in Australia next week with hundreds of hours of entertainment. Here’s what you need to know about the platform which kicks off on November 19.
Disney+ opened in the US earlier this week with a roar and within the first 24 hours there were more than 10 million sign ups.
The service will include movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and much more.
Here’s everything you need to know:
Disney+ will be priced at $8.99 a month or $89 for a full year subscription.
HOW MANY DEVICES CAN I USE?
Disney+ will allow 10 unique devices and 4 simultaneous streams and feature unlimited downloads for the life of the user’s subscription.
HOW MANY PROFILES CAN I CREATE?
You can create up to seven member profiles per membership which can be used across up to 10 devices. But you can only play four concurrent streams.
WHERE CAN I WATCH DISNEY+?
Disney+ will be available on a wide range of mobile and connected devices including smartphones and tablets, gaming consoles, streaming media players and smart TVs.
CAN I WATCH ON THE WEB AND WHICH MOBILE DEVICES?
You can watch Disney+ on a web browser, on the iPhone and iPad, Android smartphones and tablets and Amazon Fire Tablet and TV.
WHAT ABOUT CONNECTED DEVICES?
From next week you will find the Disney+ app on Apple TV, Roku players and you can stream to a Chromecast on your TV from your mobile device.
WILL I BE ABLE TO WATCH DISNEY+ ON MY SMART TV LIKE NETFLIX?
Yes, the Disney+ app will be available for TVs running Android, Samsung TVs, LG TVs with webOS, Sony TVs with Android.
AND GAMING CONSOLES?
Yes, you can watch Disney+ on the PS4 and the Xbox One.
WHAT SORT OF QUALITY CAN WE EXPECT?
Disney+ will stream in full high definition 1080p, 4K UHD with HDR viewing on compatible devices that support HDR 10 and Dolby vision.
WHAT EXCLUSIVE CONTENT CREATED FOR DISNEY+ WILL BE AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH?
– The Mandalorian (Star Wars)
– Lady and the Tramp
– High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
WHAT MARVEL MOVIES?
– Avengers: Endgame
– Avengers: Infinity War
– Avengers: Age of Ultron
– Black Panther
– Captain Marvel and Captain America
– Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2
– Iron Man 1, 2 and 3
– Thor – you guessed it, all of them
– There’s classic Marvel animated series too such as Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends.
WHAT ABOUT STAR WARS?
– The Star Wars sage from Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace all the way through to Episode XIII The Last Jedi in readiness for Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker opening in theatres next month. And all in 4K with HDR.
– Star Wars stories Rogue One and Solo
– The Clone Wars
– The Yoda Chronicles
– Star Wars Rebels
– LEGO Droid Tales
DISNEY LIVE ACTION AND ANIMATION?
– 101 Dalmatians, both live action and animated
– Aladdin (1992)
– Beauty and the Beast, both live action and animated
– Big Hero 6
– Dumbo, both live action and animated
– Mary Poppins Returns
– Ralph Breaks The Internet
– The Lion King (1994)
– The Little Mermaid
AND OF COURSE PIXAR
– Finding Dory and Finding Nemo
– Inside Out
– Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University
– The Incredibles
– Toy Story 3, 2 and the OG, with Toy Story 4 joining the Pixar party in the new year
– Home Alone 1, 2 and 3
– Remember The Titans
– Sister Act
– The Chronicles of Narnia
– The Mighty Ducks
– The Parent Trap
– The Princess Diaries
DISNEY CHANNEL AND DISNEY JUNIOR SHOWS
– Camp Rock
– Hannah Montana
– High School Musical 1, 2 and 3
– Jake and the Never Land Pirates
– Mickey and the Roadster Racers
– Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
– Puppy Dog Pals
– Teen Beach Movie
AND THESE BLOCKBUSTERS
– Free Solo – National Geographic’s Academy Award winning documentary
– Pirates of the Caribbean
– The Simpsons