Netgear has raised the bar for your wireless home network with the release of the Nighthawk X10 – the world’s fastest router for media streaming and content backup.
The Nighthawk X10 AD2700 Smart Wi-Fi Router has a powerful 1.7Ghz quad core processor with a Quad Stream Wave 2 wi-fi architecture as well as the next generation 802.11ad for combined wireless speeds of up to 7.2Gbps.
Also onboard is the latest MU-MIMO (multiple user – multi in, multi out) technology which supports simultaneous streaming and doubles the wi-fi speed to mobile devices.
The aggressive design is complemented with four external Active Antennas to amplify wi-fi signals to increase range and throughput.
“The superior capabilities of 802.11ad will greatly enhance the user experience when dealing with applications that require the transferring of large amounts of data,” said Michael Thelander, President of Signals Research Group.
“802.11ad also provides approximately one-tenth the latency as compared to 802.11ac, which is absolutely critical for applications like virtual reality or augmented reality.”
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 supports Plex Media Server with transcoding for smooth 4K streaming even to remote devices.
It is the first router to run Plex Media Server without the need for a computer so movies, TV shows, music and other content located on local storage can be viewed on devices and smart TVs in your home.
Another industry first for a home router like the Nighthawk X10 is a 10Gigabit port which also supports a fibre connection.
This also allows for faster backups and streaming your personal video collection from a NAS (network attached storage).
Nighthawk X10’s two USB 3.0 ports allow users to easily attach external storage devices whether it’s for file backup or data transfer.
“Nighthawk X10 sets a new bar for performance and a new record for speed when moving large video files within your network and to the cloud,” said David Henry, senior vice president for home networking at Netgear.
“Today’s video files are getting larger with 4K and VR video. Offloading from capture devices and moving these large files within a network often becomes a time-consuming and challenging task.
“The Nighthawk X10 is powerful enough to move these files at unprecedented speed and provides easy access once the file is stored on the network.”
Key Technical Features of Nighthawk X10
- AD7200 Quad Stream Wave2 Wi-FI supports wireless speeds up to 4600+1733+800Mbps*
- Fastest 60GHz 802.11ad Wi-FI technology for instant downloads, backup and minimal latency during online game play
- Plex Media Server for all of your media, anytime, anywhere
- Powerful 1.7GHz Quad Core Processor boosts performance for 4K streaming or VR gaming
- High-performance Active Antennas for better Wi-FI coverage & faster speeds
- Six (6) Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with dual ports that can be operated in line aggregation mode for faster file transfers (up to 2Gbps wired speeds)
- Two (2) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports for faster streaming, backup and easy access to your stored media.
- Automatic backup to the cloud with Amazon Drive
- NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD provides easy, private and secure remote access to USB connected storage
- 10Gigabit fibre port for lightning-fast backup and media streaming to/from ReadyNAS or other NAS
- MU-MIMO capable for simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices
- New NETGEAR Up app will have your router up, running and configured to your liking all from the convenience of any Android or iOS mobile device.
- NETGEAR genie app for a personal dashboard to monitor, control and repair your home network, even when you’re away from home.
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 will be priced at $799 when it goes in sale in December.