Vodafone simplifies its NBN plans and can divert your home number to your mobile
Vodafone has just rolled out a range of new features to make its NBN plans even simpler and attractive to new customers so they can enjoy a positive broadband experience.
One thing Vodafone has set out to do was to eliminate the complexity for customers who are connecting to the NBN for the first time.
The three features include simpler month-to-month plans, a Vodafone mobile landline and a Wi-Fi booster.
SIMPLE MONTH TO MONTH PLANS
Choosing an NBN internet service provider can be confusing, let alone trying to work out the plan that’s right for you.
To reduce the confusion, Vodafone has decided to make all NBN consumer plans month-to-month rather than locking you in with a contract.
Other ISPs impose upfront charges when customers opt for a month-to-month plans. TPG charges $99 while the Optus upfront charge is $200 which is still nowhere near Telstra’s charge of $435.
Vodafone customers will pay nothing upfront for its Wi-Fi Hub Modem (with 4G back-up onboard) which makes it attractive for people connecting for the first time or switching from another ISP.
Instead customers pay five dollars a month to cover the modem over the term of their plan.
And Vodafone mobile customers who sign up to a Vodafone NBN service will receive $10 off their monthly bill.
Here’s an overview of the new range of Vodafone NBN plans and products:
– Essential NBN plan (NBN25 tier): $64/mth for existing Vodafone postpaid customers, $69/mth standalone. Min. cost $249.*
– Essential+ NBN plan (NBN50 tier): $69/mth for existing Vodafone postpaid customers, $79/mth standalone. Min. cost $259.*
– Premium NBN plan (NBN100 tier): $89/mth for existing Vodafone postpaid customers, $99/mth standalone. Min. cost $279.*
*Plus $0 per month Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub when you stay connected for 36 months. If a customer leaves before 36 months, they just pay out the modem at $5 for every remaining month out of 36 months. For example, if you leave your plan in month 12 of 36, you will pay $120 ($5 x 24 months) for the modem.
VODAFONE MOBILE LANDLINE
One big adjustment for new NBN customers is deciding on their home landline which some telcos will allow you to retain at an extra cost.
With most calls now on mobile devices, the need for a landline has been greatly reduced.
But some people want to retain their home number to stay in touch with relatives and other friends.
What Vodafone has developed for its mobile customers is a Mobile Landline which allows customers to get rid of their home telephone without losing their home number.
Vodafone simply redirects any calls made to that home number to the customer’s chosen Vodafone postpaid mobile number.
This is only available if you are also a Vodafone mobile customer.
VODAFONE WI-FI BOOSTER
Customers want to be able to connect their devices wirelessly throughout their home but this isn’t always the case.
As part of a Vodafone NBN plan, customers can also purchase a Wi-Fi booster can handle up to 32 wi-fi enabled devices at the same time.
It is priced at $180 or $5 a month.
– Vodafone Mobile Landline: $5 per month.
– Vodafone TV: $144 outright, or the option of $4 per month over 36 months, $6 per month over 24 months, or $12 per month over 12 months.
– Vodafone Wi-Fi Booster: $180 outright, or the option of $5 per month over 36 months, $7.50 per month over 24 months, or $15 per month over 12 months.