Telstra has announced it will offer consumer and small business customers who are back in lockdown in the Melbourne metro area and the Mitchell shire, free additional mobile data and unlimited data for home broadband customers.
From Tuesday July 14, Telstra will also offer customers in the impacted postcodes unlimited home phone calls to pensioners.
Here are the additional benefits Telstra will be rolling out to help Melbourne customers in increased COVID-19 restrictions:
– Consumer and small business home broadband customers (ADSL, NBN and Cable) in impacted areas with their postcodes under Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions will receive unlimited data at no additional charge on their plan until 31 August 2020.
– The data, which will be provided automatically, will help those working and studying from home or self-isolating to access videoconferencing, voice over Wi-Fi, cloud connectivity, and more.
– Eligible pensioners in these same impacted areas with a Telstra home phone plan will also be able to make unlimited local, national and 13/1300 calls and calls to Australian mobiles from their home phone in Australia, to make staying in touch with friends and family simpler. This will be applied to eligible accounts automatically and will be available until 31 August 2020.
– Eligible consumer and small business mobile customers in affected areas of Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire lockdown postcodes will also receive more mobile data.
– Post-paid customers on both mobile phone and mobile broadband plans can receive an extra 25GB of data on their plan to use in Australia within 30 days, and Telstra pre-paid customers who recharge with $40 or more can access an additional 10GB of data for use in Australia within 28-30 days (depending on their plan).
– Eligible customers can apply for the extra data via the My Telstra app from July 14 until 31 August 2020 and the data will be available within 24-48 hours.
– Telstra mobile customers living within the Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire lockdown postcodes can apply for the extra data through the My Telstra app if they can’t see this offer in your My Telstra app during the offer period.
– Telstra will also have offers for small business customers, including the ability for eligible customers to hibernate their fixed business services.