Netgear has launched the M6 Pro Mobile router – the world’s first Wi-Fi 6E unlocked 5G mobile hotspot with built in 5G mmWave technology and the capability of speeds of up to 8Gbps.
The new M6 Pro (MR6550) takes its place alongside the M6 (MR6150) Netgear mobile hotspot and adds support for 5G mmWave for super-fast download and upload speeds to make working on the go even faster and more efficient.
The Wi-Fi 6E capability also provides improved wireless performance even in crowded areas so you can be assured of reliable and fast internet connectivity anywhere.
The M6 Pro is a portable and secure wi-fi connection that can link up to 32 devices behind a built in firewall anywhere you have cellular connectivity.
The new Netgear M6 Pro hotspot can provide video streaming, zoom calls, online games and large file uploads and downloads anywhere.
The inclusion of 5G mmWave offers obvious benefits including extreme capacity, ultra-high throughput and ultra-low latency.
The M6 Pro can not only be used on the go but also at home or any other temporary location where there is no broadband connection where you need to stay connected.
The router can provide wi-fi coverage up to 90 square metres using the In-Home Performance mode.
Larger homes can also enjoy wider coverage by connecting the M6 Pro into the 2.5Gbps Ethernet port of your existing wi-fi router.
The Netgear M6 Pro is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon SDX65 mobile platform which offers improve processing power and a new level of power efficiency.
The onboard battery can run for up to 13 hours on a single charge.
“These days we have the freedom to work from just about anywhere, opening up new opportunities for mobile and remote lifestyles and getting us closer to how and where we want to live,” said David Henry, president & GM of Connected Home Products and Services at Netgear.
“The M6 Pro is the perfect product for every aspect of your online life whether you’re on a jobsite, a business trip or vacation.
“The M6 Pro combines the latest Wi-Fi 6E and 5G technologies into a small, elegant form factor for ground-breaking, secure mobile wi-fi and ultra-fast speeds.
“This is a complex feat of engineering only Netgear could achieve.”
Netgear’s M6 Pro Mobile Router (MR6550) is available now in Australia and New Zealand on NETGEAR.com and is priced at $1,299.
– Next level 5G Performance: Strong, reliable, secure 5G mmWave internet with speeds up to 8 Gbps. Perfect for work & play while travelling.
– Ultra-fast Wi-Fi Speeds with Wi-Fi 6E: Wi-Fi speeds up to 3.6 Gbps for up to 32 devices for fast downloads, gaming, & streaming.
– Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon SDX65 Chipset: Qualcomm’s 4th Generation 5G modem-to-antenna solution designed with advanced capabilities such as mmWave-Sub6 aggregation can deliver multi-gig 5G speeds up to 8 Gbps.
– Intuitive Touch Screen Interface: Set up, manage, share, & monitor Wi-Fi easily on the 2.8″ LCD touch screen.
– Secure and Reliable Network: Conserve mobile data and avoid dangers when connecting directly to public Wi-Fi. The Nighthawk M6 provides a built-in firewall for a private Wi-Fi connection with additional password security for the Web UI and LCD.
– Unlocked Potential: Accepts nano SIM cards from major 5G/4G network operators.
– In-Home Performance Mode: Boost Wi-Fi coverage up to 90 square meters and ethernet speeds up to 2.5Gbps at home. Simply remove the battery & use the power adapter.
– USB-C port: Charge a device or access an ultra-fast wired connection up to 5 Gbps.
– Mobile Accessories: Increase your 5G cell reception by connecting external 5G antennas (sold separately) to the available antenna ports.
– Powerful 5040mAh Battery: Stay connected longer. Battery lasts up to 13 hours on a single charge.
– HPUE Support: Enables better 5G range. Pick up a 5G signal at the outer edges of 5G coverage areas, even where other devices cannot.