Are Online Casino Bonuses a Trap or an Opportunity?
High technologies have long been ahead of our consciousness, and what used to seem fantastic, now we take for granted. With just a palm-sized mobile in your pocket, you can access the most exciting entertainment, such as online casino games.
Virtual gambling operators provide customers with various games and slots of all genres and difficulty levels. And here, you can grab juicy bonuses and free spins. But do you need it?
In the article, we will analyze whether gamblers need extras or if this is a promo trap that should be avoided.
Bonuses: what and why
The casino bonus policy is one of the fascinating features of virtual gambling. Online platforms have long adopted this marketing technique. And so, they offer new and regular players various gifts. Each gambling website may have its incentive program; however, the bonuses are about the same.
So, the concept of a bonus is a gift that is credited to a new or a regular casino customer. Most often, the bonus corresponds to the monetary unit used in the casino, but this is not money. In a word, this is an internal currency, valid only on a specific gambling site.
Casino users receive bonuses not to the main account but to the bonus one. Such gifts may have a limited validity period; that is, they will burn out after a particular time if they are not used. Also, casino bonuses usually have certain restrictions on the withdrawal of winnings received for bonus funds. This is the so-called wager coefficient that needs to be won back.
Popular types of casino bonuses
The most common types of bonuses in modern casinos are:
- The bonus itself. That is a game currency that comes to the client’s bonus account for the deposit made;
- Free Spins. These are a gift in the form of free spins of the reel for playing video slots;
- Cash bonuses. That is real money that is credited to the player’s deposit.
Keep in mind that real money casinos give away very rarely. So if you manage to get a cash prize, consider yourself lucky.
Before using the bonus program of a specific casino, you should first master the basic terminology:
- Bonus – extra credits provided to gamblers.
- Deposit – replenishment of a personal account in an online casino.
- Free spins – Free spins on casino slots.
- The wager is a particular condition for wagering bonuses. It comes with a coefficient, meaning how many times the total amount of the player’s bets should exceed the credits received.
- Cashback – the player receives part of the lost money to the balance.
- The loyalty program is a multi-level system of customer rewards.
- Comp points are unique points that are awarded to casino users for bets.
Advantages and disadvantages of a casino bonus
Advantages of a casino bonus
- More gaming budget: A particular advantage of a casino bonus is that you, as a player, have a bigger gaming budget.
- Probability of earning more profits.
- The opportunity to learn how to play like a real casino professional without spending a budget.
- Free spins are lucrative promotions for a player because this way, he can play free game rounds without betting.
Disadvantages of a casino bonus
- A bonus usually has requirements that must be met before it becomes available to the player.
- The bonus must be wagered within a certain period.
- Not all casino games are suitable for the conditions of participation. In most internet casinos, some games are excluded from the bonus program.
- Not all casino users have enough gaming budget to fulfill bonus requirements. Sometimes it can be challenging to perform the conditions of bonuses if you don’t have enough game budget.
Is it worth taking bonuses?
Bonuses are given for free, and they are a welcome gesture. Then why do many people dislike such gifts and try not to take them? It’s all about the same wager, which needs to be played to withdraw the casino winnings.
However, no one forces you to place bets and win back. And bonuses allow you to play for free. And not in demo games, but real slots. It’s not just pleasant but also useful for training.