More than 20,000 tech products to be unveiled at CES in Las Vegas
Tech Guide has landed in Las Vegas for the International Consumer Electronics Show which kicks off this week and will see more than 20,000 new products unveiled.
CES officially begins on Wednesday at the huge Las Vegas Convention Centre.
But for the thousands of journalists in attendance from around the world, the work starts the day before on Press Day at the Mandalay Bay Casino.
This is where the major exhibitors hold their press conferences on the hour starting at 8am with LG Electronics.
Other companies including Samsung, Panasonic, Netgear, Sharp, Intel and Pioneer also hold their press conferences outlining the major new products which will be on show at their respective booths during CES.
The International CES is the world’s largest annual innovations trade show.
Here are some interesting facts about the event:
* It would take more than 393 basketball courts to cover CES’s 1.85 million square feet of floor space (172,000 square metres).
* There is 15 miles of carpeted floor space at CES. A swimmer would have to swim 483 laps to cover the same distance.
* The first CES held in 1967 has 17,500 attendees. This year’s CES will have more than 150,000 attendees.
* 150 countries – or 77 per cent of the world’s nations – will be represented at CES.
* There are more than 5000 members of the media at CES – more than double the number of press that attended the Super Bowl.
* The consumer electronics industry is worth more than $206 billion in the US alone.
Stay tuned to Tech Guide for all of the latest news and products announcements.