Top Ways To Make Digital Payment Methods More Secure
Are you someone who depends on online payment to the point that you have stopped carrying your cash and card everywhere? Well, there is nothing wrong with it, but here are some things which you should be careful about.
Since the advent of online payment, transactions have undeniably become easier. They are more convenient than carrying your cash or card, and since they are applications that are password protected, they are essentially more secure than your physical leather wallet.
Then why are we planning to secure it even further? Because, at the end of the day, it is the virtual world, and you should never take your safety for granted. Here are some of the well-known methods to fully secure your online payment method.
1. Take Care Of Your Password
Your password is the golden key to all the transactions, and you should be extra careful when setting it. Here are some of the common ways you can secure the password.
– An OTP each time you log in or change your device.
– Multiple-step authentication when you are trying to pay. Yes, it is time-consuming, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
– On the other hand, you can always have protection that could only be accessed by you. For example, a fingerprint or a face scan. Yes, there are applications that can also help you secure your transactions with these technologies.
2. Do Not Put All Your Egg In One Basket
These means do not have all your money in the same digital payment method. You can either have more than one digital payment application or digital payment methods like Cryptocurrency. Because of the Blockchain, security safety is almost guaranteed in Cryptocurrency. Plus, it is an excellent form of long-term investment.
A big perk of having your online asset distributed is that if one goes down, you have others to back you up. If you are new to the world of Cryptocurrency, then start by registering in ethereum code, and begin your Crypto journey.
3. Never Use Anything Public
Public wifi, public desktop, someone else’s phone, these are off limits. You should never log in to your online payment application with any public device or network. Public wifi is like a hub for cyber criminals to steal data since they are always waiting for the user to make a mistake and expose their IP address.
If possible, use a VPN even on your own device when you are transacting money. This will hide your IP address and help you practice safe browsing.
4. Use The Finest Anti-Virus
You can attract anything from the internet, your device could be infiltrated with a virus stealing your data right at this moment, and you wouldn’t know. For this, you will need a good antivirus that can detect these activities and alert you immediately.
So, if you want to be safe on the internet, and do not want anything to happen to your data and money, then invest in good antivirus software to project and alert even when offline.
5. Careful In Ecommerce Website
Ecommerce websites are a danger zone when you are not careful. Do you know how many places these applications sell your data? Here are some of the ways you can protect yourself.
– Whenever you are putting your card details on the website, delete them immediately after.
– Always use a VPN in these applications.
– Never use public wifi to purchase any item when on an eCommerce website.
– Two-step authentication before the final payment is made.
Now You Are Secure!
Now that you know most of the expert advice methods for securing your online payment, try practicing them diligently. No matter how busy you are, patience is a virtue when you handle money online.
Take your time, and check your statement every month; if you find something suspicious, do not hesitate to call your bank. When it comes to money, no precaution is too much precaution.
Remember that there is no application that will call you personally to ask for your bank details. Therefore, understand the pattern of scams and stay away from them.