Netgear has unveiled its first Wi-Fi 6E router – the Nighthawk RAXE500 – which can dramatically increase your home wi-fi experience with the addition of a new 6Ghz band that’s free of interference and congestion.
The Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 offers wireless speeds of up to 10.8Gbps.
The demands for wi-fi in the modern household have gone even further recently with more people working and learning from home as well as streaming their content and playing online games.
The new Netgear triband wi-fi router can come to the rescue in homes where the numerous connected devices are battling for bandwidth.
Before the introduction of the Netgear Wi-Fi 6E router, regular routers have been limited to only two bands 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
The new Netgear device adds a third 6Ghz band which can dramatically increase your home network’s capacity to handle even more connected devices.
And this 6Ghz band can only be accessed by the latest Wi-Fi 6E devices so there less congestion and faster throughput.
If you think about the number of products connected to our network, you have to remember it goes beyond just our smart TVs, smartphones, laptops and tablets.
This list now includes the numerous smart devices on our networks including smart lights, smart switches, security cameras and smart doorbells.
And the number of connected devices is only going to increase in the coming years.
These are all vying for space on your home network and the addition of the Netgear Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E router will be like adding several lanes to a congested freeway.
And not only does it provide a higher capacity it also provides lower latency which means things are happening faster over the network whether it’s streaming content or gaming competitively online.
“Our mission at Netgear is to provide products with cutting edge technologies to enable people to work, learn, stream and game more effectively in a connected world,” said David Henry, President and GM of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR.
“The Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band router is a game changing example of this and the first of many innovations for Netgear in the Wi-Fi 6E space.
“We’re excited to see how it’s received in the Australian market and look forward to sharing our strong pipeline of Wi-Fi 6E innovations in the future.”
The NETGEAR Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band Wi-Fi 6E router is available now from the Netgear Australia online store for $1,099.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK RAXE500 TRI-BAND WI-FI 6E ROUTER
– New 6GHz Band–– with up to 200% more available spectrum than dual-band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) Wi-Fi alone.
- Ultra-Low Latency—Very few devices on new 6GHz band means lower latency for gaming and real-time traffic.
- More High-Bandwidth Wi-Fi Channels—Blazing-fast speed and less interference with 3X more high-bandwidth 160MHz Wi-Fi channels.
– 12-Streams Tri-Band Wi-Fi— Four streams of 6GHz, four streams of 5GHz, and four streams of 2.4GHz equates to more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices on Wi-Fi.
– Wi-Fi 6E Optimised Powerful Processor— Ideal for Gigabit Internet speeds, a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor ensures smooth 4K/8K UHD streaming and gaming.
– Multi-Gig Ethernet Port 2.5G––2.5X the wired speed of a typical Gigabit port, to be used for LAN or Internet connectivity.
– Five (5) Gigabit Ethernet Ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections. Aggregate two Gigabit LAN ports and two Gigabit WAN ports (configurable) concurrently.
– Pre-optimised Antennas––Unfold and set antennas on the router; no further adjustment required. The Nighthawk RAXE500 antennas come pre-optimised for the best Wi-Fi performance.
– NETGEAR Armor Security for your Home––Advanced security for your home network and an unlimited number of connected devices. Learn more at netgear.com.au/armor.
– Automatic firmware updates—Latest security patches delivered to the router without the need for user intervention.