The Xbox Series X will be released at the end of the year and promises next level power and performance for the latest cutting edge games. Another feature you’ll find is Smart Delivery to ensure you have the latest version of a game wherever you want to play it.
With Smart Delivery, players will be able to always be able to lay the best version of the games you own for whichever Xbox console you own.
This technology will be made available to all developers. All Xbox Game Studios titles that are Optimised for Xbox Series X, including Halo Infinite, will support Smart Delivery.
So if you purchase a supported titles in the Xbox One it will be delivered to your Xbox One console.
But if you decided to upgrade to the Xbox Series X, you will automatically be provided with the Xbox One Series X version at no additional cost as soon as it becomes available.
There is nothing else you need to do.
And Smart Delivery doesn’t just work with digital titles. Physical versions of games will also be able to support Smart Delivery.
So imagine these scenarios:
– If you own Gears 5 or have it via Xbox Game Pass now, you can play it today on Xbox One. Then, if you pick up an Xbox Series X, all it takes is a push of a button to download it and you’ll have the Optimised version of Gears 5 – available on day one at launch with the console – at your fingertips.
– When Halo Infinite launches alongside Xbox Series X and Xbox One this holiday season, you only have to buy the game once and you’ll get the best version for whichever console you own, or both. If you pick up Xbox Series X for your living room, Smart Delivery will recognise that and deliver you the Optimised version there. If you decide to move your existing Xbox One to a bedroom or the office, Smart Delivery will recognise that too and deliver that version when you’re playing on Xbox One.
– Some new and existing Xbox One titles will be Optimising their games after the Xbox Series X launches. For example, if you buy Cyberpunk 2077 when it launches on September 17, you’ll be set to explore Night City on Xbox One. If you pick up Xbox Series X, you can play it there too in compatibility mode picking up exactly where you left off. Then, when CD PROJEKT RED delivers an Xbox Series X Optimised version of Cyberpunk 2077, you’ll automatically get upgraded once it’s available at no additional cost.
Below are just some of the games that will be optimised for Xbox Series X and with confirmed support for Smart Delivery.
– Halo Infinite
– Cyberpunk 2077
– Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
– Destiny 2
– DiRT 5
– Scarlet Nexus
– Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
– Yakuza: Like a Dragon
– The Ascent
– Call of the Sea
– Gears 5
– Second Extinction
– Metal: Hellslinger