Netgear has released the Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Mesh Extender (EX7700) which can expand the range of your existing router to cover your entire home.
It uses Netgear’s patented Fastlane3 technology and has dedicated 866Mbps 5Ghz band to expand your coverage up to an additional 18.5m with AC2200 wi-fi speeds that when combined provide up to 2.2Gbps (866 + 866 + 400Mbps).
With the Netgear Mesh extender users can retain the same network name as your router.
Smart Roaming allows your mobile devices to maintain the best connection when you move around your home and continue streaming your content no matter where you are in the home.
The Nighthawk X6 creates a dedicated connection to any wi-fi router or modem router and, unlike single or dual band wi-fi range extenders, has a dedicated link that’s not shared by other devices for internet connectivity but as backhaul for better network throughput for your connected devices.
Nighthawk X6 is also secure and is actually the first extender to offer Secure Boot which means only Netgear signed software can run on the device.
Under the hood are four high-performance antennas along with a quad-core processor to provide the sort of power needed for better 4K streaming and lag-free gaming.
Users can also connect wired devices to the unit like smart TVs and gaming consoles.
“Netgear first introduced powerful Tri-band wi-fi mesh systems to our product range in 2016 with Orbi Whole Home wi-fi systems,” said Sandeep Harpalani, vice president of product management of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR.
“We followed it up with Nighthawk Mesh wi-fi extenders that provided the mesh wi-fi capability without replacing your current wi-fi router,”
“As customers have responded with enthusiasm to Mesh solutions to improve their wi-fi , we are pleased to introduce our latest offering with Nighthawk X6, which provides a flexible, high performance, secure solution for customers to extend their home network.”
The Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band Wi-Fi Mesh Extender (EX7700) will be available this month and will be priced at $299.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 features:
– Mesh wi-fi Network with Existing wi-fi Router — Add-on to your existing Wi-fi router and get the benefits of mesh networking; one network name and seamless roaming.
– One wi-fi Name — Add devices to your network easily, no new wi-fi names and passwords needed.
– Seamless wi-fi — Stay connected as you go from room to room without manually switching networks.
– Tri-band wi-fi – Two 5 Ghz and a third 2.4 Ghz bands provides reliable wi-fi coverage and fast internet speeds with three wireless bands.
– Dedicated wi-fi link – One dedicated 5Ghz band is for router to extender connection only and is not shared with connected devices to ensure that bandwidth is stable and not diminished.
– High-Performance Antennas – Four (4) high-performance internal antennas for extended wi-fi coverage up to 18.5 metres Amplifies the wi-fi range of your router and extender.
Other Technical Features of Nighthawk X6
– Smart Connect—Intelligently selects the optimal Wi-fi band for every device
– Push Button Setup — Makes installation really easy
– Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)—Simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices
– Tri-Band Access Point—Pair with your existing ISP gateway or router to enhance Wi-fi for your home or office
– Quad-core Processor—Boosts performance for better 4K streaming and lag-free gaming
– Secure Boot— Ensures that only NETGEAR signed firmware can run on the device to prevent tampering with the device.
– Gigabit Ethernet Ports—Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect all your wired devices
– Wi-fi Analytics App—Optimise your wi-fi network with the wi-fi analytics app for Android devices
– Multi-Coloured Indicator Light—Indicator light helps to find the optimal location to place the mesh extender